Not sure whats going on with my OPK's?? *Updated*

Pink_Sparkle

1 Angel & 23 week preemie
Reaction score
Hi there,

Im now on cycle day 13, CD1 was my first af after losing my baby at 19 weeks. Im new to using OPK's and im wanting to track my cycle for ttc. I tested on CD11 and it was almost positive...CD12 was the same so today I was expecting to see a positive result but my test line is now even lighter. What do you think this means?

The pic shows CD11 at the top, CD 12 in the middle and CD 13 at the bottom.

Just to add - I tested at the same time each day around 1-2pm after holding pee in for approx 3hrs with nothing to drink.

Thanks for looking x

Attachments

• Last 3 OPK's.jpg
    Last 3 OPK's.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm not sure hun, could u have O'ed sooner than CD11? I never got super dark OPKs just learned what was a positive for my body.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's not anything anyone should ever go through.
Big hugs <3

Thanks for your advice....I took another OPK today. This time I used my second morning urine. My first pee was at 7am...this one was at 11am with nothing to drink inbetween.

It certainly looks more positive to me. What do you think?

On CD 10 I was having sharp stabbing pains in my right ovary area. It was very similar to ovulation pains that I normally have....but normally they dont hurt like that!! This pain took my breath away! So I thought it couldnt have been ovulation pain and must have been something else.

:flower:

Attachments

• Opk 11th oct.jpg
    Opk 11th oct.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 13
That looks positive to me, or just about positive like I could happen later today or tomorrow. Is it slightly fainter than the control line? It's definitely darker than ur last tests!

Thanks MeganJoe....I really hope my body is gearing up for ovulation xx

I think that I read somewhere on here that you arent supposed to use FMU for OPKs? I have never used them myself, but I think it has something to do with too much horomone or somehing lol sorry I dont have better advice :)

I read that you are supposed to use OPK's in the early afternoon, and in the evening. That is when your LH is at it's highest in your urine.

I had the same situation with my OPK's in Sept..it was my first time using them and i tested at 4 pm on cd 10, 11 & 12 and i'm pretty sure i missed the surge on cd 10 because i was also temping and i got the temp spike 2 days later. So for Oct im going to teststarting on cd 8 in case i was way off and at 2pm and 8 pm and see what happens. i have a hunch that if i would have tested cd 10 @ 8 pm it would have probably been positive but who knows. I think the combination of OPK's and temping is a good way to go. I dont really see how you can use just OPK's and get a straight answer. but i havent given up on them just yet.

I was temping last month and using OPK's but didn't have very many so was only doing one a day. I saw it get close but not go completely dark and then it went light again. Turned out, I O'd a week later! Only knew that from my temps! I did my OPK at 6pm this evening and got a great positive! The test line was darker than the control line. I should O either tomorrow evening or Sunday. Also noticed I'm starting to get ewcm. With using those signs, you can best determine when you O in the month. Good luck!

That last test looks almost positive! Keep testing girly, bet you'll O in the next day or two.

Thanks for all you replies girls! I started a new thread on this forum with my progression with pics from CD11 onwards ...Im on CD 16 and im just about to go poas to see what todays result brings. I *think* I might have gotten my positive yesterday? not sure though...we'll see what today brings :) xx

oh man...i should have kept testing and temping then. we are not officially trying yet so i want to have this all figured out by Dec when we get the go ahead from the doc on my iron levels.

pink_sparkle ...thanks for posting this...and the progression pics in the other thread too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->