Not sure where I belong!

Bradpittswife

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
I have visited the site quite a few times but couldn't bring myself to post on the ttc forums. We have been trying now for 14 months- however I am not charting or anything like that- it's all a bit of a mystery to me really! Who knew getting pregnant would be so complicated! I came off the pill and had 4 periods in 9 months but have just had two months in a row of periods so hopefully things are settling down... I'm 32 and have no children and don't want to start obsessing over the whole thing but boy is it hard. I have never been a big baby fan but now I find myself looking longingly at other babies :wacko:
Really I'm just looking for someone who I can talk to without feeling like I'm some weirdo- my friends who have kids had no problems and my mum and sister are both v fertile! I have a close friend who seems to think that telling me I should consider adopting is being supportive. Either that or she sits and tells me that i don't want kids they ruin your life etc! I don't know what the future will bring for me but sometimes I just feel so sad like it's never going to happen.

Hiya hunni & welcome to BnB... I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time :hugs:

I'm just having a bad day. Sometimes the disappointment is just crushing and I really thought it was going to be this month. When I go on forums about ttc I just feel so inadequate as I'm not taking it as seriously as some, i don;t think I can bear to start ding all the charting as I guess it's admiting that it isn't working, I know it makes no sense!- however it doesn't mean I'm not heartbroken. Happy thoughts...happy thoughts!

HI hun, im far from being an expert on baby making as Jaden was conceved on the pill and through condoms. Currently TTC #2 and im not charting or anything either. Happy to chat or anything if you need to.

xx

welcome over! im a bit newer than you in this section but i've been in TTC for a while, i've been ttc since end of nov 09.

Ive been charting and after having my son a yr and a half ago, having two depo shots and being on the pill for a cycle (all in a row) my fertility isn't brilliant.... All of those things can muck up your cycles and they sure have for me!!!

I dont think that being on the pill for that amount of time can have any significant effects on your fertility, but obvious you're having some issues, and your friend isn't helping!! children DO NOT ruin your life, Infact.... Oliver actually put me on track, i was quite the little sod as a teenager and Ollie really turned my life around and snapped me into maturity :) I've never been happier!!!!

Although i'm now NTNP, i'll still temp and i'm having another shot at using OPKs (i've never had a positive) but since i've learnt alot about timing etc in the last few months i do want to know whats going on and when, even if i don't BD when i know i should :) (i find it all really interesting!)

Also i take supplements, Maca, wellwomans vitamins (they contain EPO and starflower oil) and i take fish oil, all of these after trying several combinations (made it worse) have actually helped alot, helped me ovulate and helped my CM and made it obvious i'm about to O, where as before i really had no idea....

Maybe try a few things for yourself??? like some herbal supplements or temping etc, remember though, to do it light heartedly, its kind of a make or break when you're TTC, you can become really obsessed and overly serious and allow it to worry you etc or u can do it for piece of mind, and i've been through both of those, (the first one isn't nice..)

xxxxx hope i can help anytime! xx

I'm just having a bad day. Sometimes the disappointment is just crushing and I really thought it was going to be this month. When I go on forums about ttc I just feel so inadequate as I'm not taking it as seriously as some, i don;t think I can bear to start ding all the charting as I guess it's admiting that it isn't working, I know it makes no sense!- however it doesn't mean I'm not heartbroken. Happy thoughts...happy thoughts!

Oh hunni everyone is allowed bad days, and it sounds like you are entitled to have a rant :hugs: Please dont feel inadequate, alot of us here in this NTNP section are just taking it in a relaxed manor. It doesnt mean we dont want it just as badly as the next person.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

i agree sooo much with baby.love! although we're not obsessing and thinking about it/talking about it basically breathing TTC doesn't mean you dont want it as much as someone who never stops thinking about it, i only know so uch cause i really like learning about things quickly and its become something i'm good at LOL! :D

Thanks ladies. I don't want to get too obsessive about it all it's going to sound very stupid but I just feel like such a failure- everyone else in my family has oodles of kids with no problems! Still maybe August will be my month!

Thats what i like a shed loads of PMA - Come on girls! Just remember however long it takes it will be so so worth it! The harder it is and the longer it takes = the more we appreciate it :kiss:

Right before i go totally mushy i am off :lol: But seriously rant whenever you want and jump for joy whenever you want x :wave: toodle pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->