Not sure where to go with this question...

Cassie10

WTT After Loss
Reaction score
Hi Ladies... First off I haven't been on in a while so I hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

I apologize in advance because I'm sure I shouldn't ask this here but this is the only place I come on here anymore... I trust everyone here.

I'm going to try to make this story short... I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few months back and since I'm not quite ready to try again I was put on the NuvaRing.

My doctor told me to not leave it out for a week...to just change it out every 4 weeks so that I won't have a period. My periods are very, very painful and heavy due to the endo.

Well the first 4 weeks were fine... I changed it out and put a new one in. A few days later I started spotting just a little and didn't think much of it as it's a new birth control, my body's adjusting, etc.

Today I began cramping soooo badly. Worse then any of my period cramps have ever been. They were sharp pains...to the point that I was in tears. I took a ton of Midol and it eased them.

TMI warning... I was using the bathroom just a little while ago when I passed this weird looking clot thing. It was darker reddish but had whitish pinkish around some of the edges and one side looked like a clot and the other side was more flat.

I used to pass large clots before I stopped my periods with the NuvaRing but I've never seen one like this.

Anyone else have endo and have weird looking clots??

I shouldn't even be having a period since the NuvaRing is still in... The first month with it in I didn't have one and had zero side effects.

I guess it just kind of scared me a little so I was looking for anyone who could help...

Didnt want to read and run hun, but I dont have any idea about this sorry. I'm sure someone will tho xx

I have no idea either. I do get clots also, but you know what is normal for you and what is not. Are you thinking it is something else?
Maybe you should just get rid of the Nuvaring? I know for me I just can't take birth control, every time I tried it ( When I was younger) I got really bad stomach pains.

I am 41 and never ever got period pains or cramps, but NOW..:cry: Good God I get horrible cramps plus I get really BAD ovulation pain, so maybe 10 days out of the month I am pain free, it sucks.
I feel like it is payback for all the years I never had pain and had a 3day AF.

Cassie, make an appt. with your doctor and see what is going, maybe this Nuvaring is not right for you or maybe it is something else/ I wish I could help more.

Please let us know how you are..XOOXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
P>S> I miss you around here.. :hugs:

Hi Ladies... First off I haven't been on in a while so I hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

I apologize in advance because I'm sure I shouldn't ask this here but this is the only place I come on here anymore... I trust everyone here.

I'm going to try to make this story short... I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few months back and since I'm not quite ready to try again I was put on the NuvaRing.

My doctor told me to not leave it out for a week...to just change it out every 4 weeks so that I won't have a period. My periods are very, very painful and heavy due to the endo.

Well the first 4 weeks were fine... I changed it out and put a new one in. A few days later I started spotting just a little and didn't think much of it as it's a new birth control, my body's adjusting, etc.

Today I began cramping soooo badly. Worse then any of my period cramps have ever been. They were sharp pains...to the point that I was in tears. I took a ton of Midol and it eased them.

TMI warning... I was using the bathroom just a little while ago when I passed this weird looking clot thing. It was darker reddish but had whitish pinkish around some of the edges and one side looked like a clot and the other side was more flat.

I used to pass large clots before I stopped my periods with the NuvaRing but I've never seen one like this.

Anyone else have endo and have weird looking clots??

I shouldn't even be having a period since the NuvaRing is still in... The first month with it in I didn't have one and had zero side effects.

I guess it just kind of scared me a little so I was looking for anyone who could help...

Hi, I have only ever used the `pill` as birth control so know nothing of other methods.
I really would get in touch with your doctor and get an appointment to see them, hopefully they will have all the anwers you need.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

I'm sorry I don't know either hun, it sounds a bit strange right enough. I would get an appt with your doctor or you'll always be wondering. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. xxx

Thanks ladies! I just didn't know if it might be an endometriosis thing... I guess I need to do more research on it. I normally research like crazy when I have a new diagnoses but I've been avoiding it.

Today I'm still bleeding but it's way lighter then any of my periods but the pain completely stopped after the weird incident.

Thanks again for responding!!

Thanks ladies! I just didn't know if it might be an endometriosis thing... I guess I need to do more research on it. I normally research like crazy when I have a new diagnoses but I've been avoiding it.

Today I'm still bleeding but it's way lighter then any of my periods but the pain completely stopped after the weird incident.

Thanks again for responding!!

Maybe your body is getting used to the Nuvaring, that is definitely a possibility. It could take some women 2 weeks or a month to get used to it , everyone is different. I know for me whatever it is if it is new it takes my body awhile to get used to it. I would just ask. Sorry I am no help, just thinking what it may be :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->