Not sure where to post this...

flipflopfan

Reaction score
I feel like I'm suddenly caught up in an unexpected tornado :wacko: I need to get this off my chest and since I'm not ready to share this with anyone IRL, I figure why not come here. So my fiance and I don't use any formal birth control, just the pull-out method which is not really considered a "method" by many. I thought it would be okay for us, though, because he has a lot of self-control. I also "learned" in my university sex ed class many moons ago that pre-cum doesn't contain live/viable sperm. Thus, in my mind, we could control when we'd have another child.

Here's where the tornado starts swirling--my "period" this month came a few days earlier, was quite a bit lighter than usual and also ended sooner. Not a huge deal, I thought, this sort of thing is not that unusual, fluctuations in flow and all that is common. It did raise a red flag, though, because my cycle is ALWAYS 27 days and I can't remember the last time the amount of bleeding was different. I still basically wrote it off, though. Then comes yesterday...a day filled with waves of nausea for no apparent reason, coming and going as the day went by. Along with the nausea came a notable increase in saliva, I have to keep swallowing, it's really quite annoying. With these odd and very real phenomenons, I decided to do a little online research. Apparently, my university sex ed teacher isn't as informed as I had believed--many couples have conceived while using the pull-out method, even if the man pulls out well before he cums, even if the man didn't even cum, or didn't have any left-over sperm from a previous ejaculation :dohh: I feel like a dummy for trusting what I believed was a reliable source...of course nature has her own way of doing things under the covers, so to speak.

The nausea and excessive saliva are still here today and I've also been experiencing intense hunger pangs when I wake up (in retrospect, I've been experiencing them for about a week or so now). Also, in retrospect, I've been feeling more tired lately, going to bed earlier and sleeping deeper. If the period I had this month wasn't actually a period then my last one was on June 13th, which means I'm almost 5 weeks along. I can't wrap my head around the possibility, though, it feels so foreign. But I know my body, I know something is up, I can't ignore that fact. If I am pregnant, it will be bittersweet because although we'd love another one, we were also hoping to wait awhile in order to get other things done first. I feel funny buying a test because I don't know how to explain it to my fiance--he'll say, "But didn't you just get your period?" or "I always pull out in time, you know that." I'll just feel like a fool. And then if the test is negative, I'll feel even more foolish :blush: *sigh* Not sure what to do. What would you guys do in my shoes? Go ahead and buy a test or wait it out to see if anything changes? With my daughter, I knew right away I was pregnant, we were actively trying and the hormones kicked in very quickly, I was feeling nausea within a week of conception, I'm not exaggerating. Also, I had only had a tiny bit of spotting with her around the time my period would have started, I definitely had more bleeding this time, which makes me wonder what the heck is going on :headspin: Sorry for all the rambling, if you read all of this, thank you and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ehh...excess saliva and tiredness were my first signs! I'd test! GL

Oh boy, yeah, the nausea is going strong as is the excess saliva. I'm in shock, will probably pick up a test soon, just have to work up the nerve :winkwink: Also, the toilet friggin REEKED this morning of boy pee, I got mad at my fiance for it, cleaned it thoroughly, it still kind of stinks lol, so I'm thinking it's my sense of smell :haha:

Excess saliva, tiredness, and intense sense of smell were pretty much early signs for me...

Time to test methinks :test:

Haha, hey runnergrl :hi: You found me over here too! Tomorrow the tests will come, I can feel it :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->