not sure where to post this?

amandah507

Mommy to Aubrielle
Reaction score
it took my husband and i 2 years to conceive our first with clomid, ovidrel and an iui (i am 35 weeks now) but recently him and i were discussing what we were gonna do after our baby is here. I'm scared to go back on birth control being that we want to have more children, i mean what if it takes another 2 years or longer? ntnp seems like what we are leaning towards, but at the same time, what if we get pregnant right away, having a newborn and a 1 year old is terrifying! :baby:

so i was curious how did you ladies go about ttc after experiencing IF previously?

My first was conceived after our 4th IUI for unexplained infertility.

I was using a diaphram for contraception after his birth. I was EBF and didn't get AF until he was 12 months old. I had 3 cycles, forgot to put in the diaphram the one time we had sex in two weeks, and got pregnant. I was so beyond shocked!!! And scared. My first was still basically a baby.
My second child was born 1 week shy of my first's second birthday. It was tough. A needy toddler and a newborn was a handful. But........I started to ttc for a fourth child when my third was only 20 months old, (obviously that hasn't worked out, she's 4 :cry:) so it obviously was worth it.

It wasn't what I planned, but it worked out beautifully. They are 10 and 8 and the close age gap is amazing.

Honestly, I would just ntnp. If you get another baby without going through the pain of infertility again, (because unfortunately it is still just as painful even when you have children) it will all be worth it.

Good luck. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->