Not sure whether to be hopeful or not :( 5 weeks pregnant

Guidedbylight

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry I've posted loads here recently - I'm a mess! So I found out I was pregnant on the 23rd of January and I couldn't have been happier :) I had my LMP on the 24th of December, and I *think* I ovulated around the 8th of January. I thought AF was coming on the 19th as I had some brown/pink spotting once when I wiped, but after that I had nothing. Once I found out I chalked it up to implantation bleeding - althoug I guess that would make it around 11dpo (bit late?). But anyway, I've been kind of winding myself up with ClearBlue Digital tests to be honest since then. I haven't gone on to '2-3 weeks' yet, I've only been on 1-2 weeks :( I haven't tested for a few days though as I'm so scared!

2 days ago I started having very light pink spotting. It then turned into a browny mucus, but it was only ever when I wiped really and was never enough for a pad. I did once have a very small red bit of blood, but that was it. It all started after straining for a bowel movement to be honest, and I noticed it'd usually come against when I next had one (I'm having lots of BM's in this pregnancy!), so I did wonder whether it was me straining. Yesterday I had no spotting at all until the evening when I had a tiny about of pink mucus again. This morning I've again had nothing which I'm hoping is good!

The reason I'm scared is because back in August, I had an ectopic pregnancy which presented with lots of spotting/bleeding, and was treated with MTX. I can't remember much about what the spotting was like but I know it never stopped, it was pretty much all day every day, and it was a mostly reddy brown. With that as well my hCG wasn't quite doubling in the timeframe expected too. So I'm terrified that I might be having another ectopic, given I was still getting 1-2 weeks on the ClearBlue :(

Do you think it's a good sign that spotting has stopped? I'm having no pain but tbh I didn't have any in my ectopic either. I'm also concerned about the pregnancy tests too, but then seeing as I implanted late I wonder if that's having any effect on it? I've even heard that ectopics tend to implant earlier and don't give implantation bleeding, but I don't want to get my hopes up :( I'm due for a scan on Wednesday, I've tried going to the EPU to get seen earlier but because the spotting is so minor and has stopped they're not concerned.

I think I replied to a thread you posted before about the clear blue tests. The threshold for the different readings on the clear blues differ massively, I know it'll be difficult but try not pay any attention to that, you'll make yourself ill with worry. It's great that the spotting has stopped. Try and fill the next few days so they pass faster until your scan :hugs:

Did you explain to epu that you had an ectopic already. Is it an epu scan you have booked. You could always ring them back and explain how worriyou are I would have thought you would be a priority.

Sorry you having so much stress try to stop testing it can cause more worry

Thanks both :) I'm definitely going to try stop testing! The EPU is who I'm having the scan with, I was shocked as well that with spotting they wouldn't see me earlier, but they did say if it gets heavier to go back, which it obviously hasn't thankfully.

Last night and this morning I have had some mild cramping too, it comes and goes but is not too bad at all, almost feels like period pain. I know it can also mean miscarriage but I'm staying hopeful! And to be honest a miscarriage would be easier than another ectopic :( I'm hoping the fact I'm having the pain in my uterus area means it's there anyway!

I would be inclined to call back and tell them you have pain. Bless you I hope it works out for you xx

Period like pains are entirely normal, as long as they don't become overly painful. I think you are booked for a scan Wednesday so they don't take you in too early and stress you out more by maybe not seeing anything if it's too early.. Even just an extra few days at this stage make a massive difference in what can be seen so early xx

Yeah it's not much at all really, just had me worrying a bit! If they get worse or my spotting comes back I think I'll see if I can be checked but otherwise I'll try and stay positive til Wednesday! As much as I want to expect the worst I'm hoping the uterus pain and the fact the spotting has stopped is a positive sign that it's not ectopic :(

I have bled in the first tri of all but one of my pregnancies and I have a history of recurrent pregnancy loss too so I know all about how freaked out you can get when you see spotting in early pg. First off, spotting can be totally normal. I have a bleeding disorder that causes large clots or bleeds to form near the baby/placenta after implantation and I bleed/spot for the whole first tri as a result. And while some of those pregnancies have ended in miscarriage, not all of them have. So spotting doesn't necessarily mean you are miscarrying. You could have a small bleed like I tend to get, it could be that your cervix (which is more sensitive and has higher blood flow due to pg hormones) could be a bit irritated, or it could be for unknown reasons. I do understand why you are worried but it really is a more common pg issue than most women realize.

Second, I don't use digis to track progression. ESPECIALLY the weeks ones. I've had a strong FRER that was pulling dye from the test line to the antibody strip and my beta came back well over 300mIU. I was almost 5 weeks and I figured since my hCG was over the 200miU limit for getting 2-3 weeks, I should see 2-3 weeks. Nope. It was still stuck at 1-2 weeks.

So do not go by those digis alone. The only true way to tell how well your hCG levels are is to have a blood test done.

Thanks for your reply 😊 I’m feeling positive now, although i haven’t got much sickness at the moment which worried me, I did a FRER just to make sure I hadn’t miscarried when I had the spotting and the line is now as dark as the control line which I’m ecstatic about 😊 I know it doesn’t rule out another ectopic so we’ll see what the next couple of days bring.

I’ve still got no more spotting and no pain since the mild cramping yesterday, so I’m going to stay positive 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->