Not thrilled with HCG results....

Petzy

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been a thread many times but here's my situation, any Input or stories would be much appreciated.

I am approx 4+5 today. First draw two days ago was 1747. Today it was somewhere between 2700-2800. Nurse said because it didn't exactly double they will do another blood test in 2 days. She said it was in the "approximate range". Then she asked me if I had cramping and said if I get severely painful cramping to go to the ER like wow way to freak me right out... I have only had very mild cramping which I thought was entirely normal based on what I read here every day. No spotting.

I had a loss at 7 weeks in November so of course I am nervous as heck. I know I cam only wait two days and see what happens but I'm hoping it rises ok. I have read so many places that for some it takes up to 72 hours....

I'm just scared when I wanted to be happy. Any similar stories ? Xx thanks for reading :flower:

It takes longer to double the more it goes up, so you may be just fine! Google 'beta doubling calculator' and you will see what I mean!

Hi Dano. I did see that thanks. I went up about 60% or so ( wish I had the exact number)

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

This website says that if you're over 1200 hCG that it's a minimum of 72 hours to double… Which means I would be fine thus far. The stuff drives me crazy.

My friend was told when she got her HCG taken around 4+2 she was on the "low side" and she was spotting had it taken a few days later still hadn't doubled..and they marked her down as a threatened miscarriage. A few days later her numbers went through the roof! and she is now 12 weeks pregnant. She had no problems. They just have to warn you to cover their due diligence.. although some things they say doesn't seem right..just makes you worry!!! I can see why your worrying so much because of your miscarriages, which im sorry to hear about. Although just remember they have to tell you such things, its their job...don't take it to heart! Everything will be ok..try to remain positive even when its tough!

Your numbers seem just fine sweetie :) They are in the normal range and as they are over 1200 they take longer to double :)

I'm kinda in the same situation but my numbers are lower. I went to the EPU on Friday for bloods & it was 1162. I am less than if says on my ticker as implanted late but still it's pretty low but the bottom of the normal range. The MW didn't say much apart from I have to go back tomorrow for another test. I feel like I'm in limbo but I know it's too low for it to be viable :( I've spent 2 days googling and I've driven myself bonkers with worry... I'm trying to stay postitive x

Your numbers seem just fine sweetie :) They are in the normal range and as they are over 1200 they take longer to double :)

I'm kinda in the same situation but my numbers are lower. I went to the EPU on Friday for bloods & it was 1162. I am less than if says on my ticker as implanted late but still it's pretty low but the bottom of the normal range. The MW didn't say much apart from I have to go back tomorrow for another test. I feel like I'm in limbo but I know it's too low for it to be viable :( I've spent 2 days googling and I've driven myself bonkers with worry... I'm trying to stay postitive x

Kate I saw your post on another thread. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Will you get your results tomorrow? I really hope things change for you but I understand about false hope. I've had a MC and a chemical so I know it is just not fair and feels awful. Let me know how you make out tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you. Xx

And thank you for your post. I really hope for good news on Monday...I would like a successful pregnancy for once.

you're numbers are WAYYY higher than mine and my doctor told me not to worry.. lol mine were at 412 on Monday and 800 something Thursday. my missed period was a week ago today.. so they are not sure how far along I am yet. but yeah, lol I wouldn't worry!! ive been worrying myself sick over this. but my doctor said nothing to worry about because my levels have doubled everytime. just thought I was farther along but guess not! lol so please do not worry <3

Anna - so it took you three days to double and doc said it was fine? Thanks for your message. Fingers crossed xx

Anna - so it took you three days to double and doc said it was fine? Thanks for your message. Fingers crossed xx

yes! they were not worried at all.. they said 2-3 days It needs to double!! :) I would not worry at all! I was freaking out because I expected it to be higher.. but she told me not too!! and I didn't have them checked weds.. so they coulda been at 800 something then too. lol but yes do not worry :) ive been worrying myself sick tho but I know I shouldn't. everything is still fine I just worry anyways:) but you seem fine!! <3 :hugs:

Thanks. Sure hope so ! Xx congrats on your bfp :)

Thanks. Sure hope so ! Xx congrats on your bfp :)

hehe thank you and it will be <3 ! I actually got my first positive two weeks ago on Monday.. it's weird! but I'm just listening to the doc from now on and not googling stuff!! :)

Just got the call... 5400 HcG would have been double and it was 5213 in 48 hours so she said that was just fine as it was over 60% and they booked me for next Tuesday ultrasound... AHHHHHHHHH. Why don't I feel better yet??

It is a relief on one hand but I am still uneasy, cant help it! I will try to relax until Tuesday but man will I be nervous before that appt... lol

Whoop!

Just got the call... 5400 HcG would have been double and it was 5213 in 48 hours so she said that was just fine as it was over 60% and they booked me for next Tuesday ultrasound... AHHHHHHHHH. Why don't I feel better yet??

It is a relief on one hand but I am still uneasy, cant help it! I will try to relax until Tuesday but man will I be nervous before that appt... lol

Whoop!

Yay good to hear! You will feel uneasy for awhile it's natural. Even now I'm a nervous wreck at times lol. Congrats x

Your HCG is doing what it's meant to.

With Sophie it took 3 days to double.

That's great news, sounds like its doubling really nicely as it's usually up to 72 hours by The time its in the 1000's!

After 1,500 my hcg slowed down quite a bit and I was worried at first but all is fine. Mine started out more than doubling but like thses ladies have mentioned once you get to 1,000-2,000 it takes longer to double. Good luck and h&h 9 months!

Thanks all of you, much appreciated. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->