Not Trying, but did we?

tourdefame

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new here and I have already shared in the intro thread that my DH and I are WTT until job situations work out better, etc.

Because of that I am on Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO. While on the pill, my periods are like clockwork every month. It starts out with a bit of spotting and then full on AF the next day.

Now, here's the strange part.

Since Friday (05/30/14), I have been having on and off brown spotting (sorry, TMI). No need for a tampon or even a liner. My period is due on June 5th.

My DH and I had unprotected sex on the 19th and if by some stupidly weird chance I ovulated, it would have been around that time.

Other things I am definitely experiencing (not just imagining, I swear):
-- Tension headache every day for the past three days
-- Veiny breasts (I have NEVER had this with AF!)
-- I have literally fallen asleep every afternoon for four days straight, I am that exhausted! But, I get a full night of sleep with no waking up!
-- Increased thirst and urination
-- Strong metallic taste in mouth
-- Lightheadedness

Took a pregnancy test yesterday and was negative.

I suppose these could be symptoms of AF, but I guess I was just looking for some reassurance? Has anyone else here ever experienced getting pregnant on Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO? Or is this all in my head?

You shouldn't be ovulating while on the pill. The period you get is just a "phantom" according to my doctor but no egg should be released. So it's unlikely you're pregnant despite unprotected sex (you're still on contraceptive, so any other protection would be extra). But there is always a chance. Perhaps a trip to the gyro if you are feeling unsure.

Maybe wait a few more days and test again?

Fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->