Not what I expected, argh!

Vickleyb

Reaction score
I hope i am posting in the right place as I am so freaked out right now! Long story short, I got multiple positive pregnancy tests last night even though I currently have my period and I’m so stressed out and was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen to them?
The longer story is that I got my mirena out in May and had a normal period which started around the 28th of May I believe. Anyways, come the 27th of June my period hadn’t come so I thought for fun I would take a test and it came back negative and my period started the next day so I figured that was that.
Now, I have PCOS so my periods are usually longer than average so I am currently still bleeding, but my boobs have been hurting for the past few days so I thought for fun last night I would take a test only to have the shock of my life when I saw it was positive! I took another one last night, and another 2 thing morning because I was convinced that they were faulty. The lines aren’t as dark as the control line but they’re definitely there, and a CB digital said 2-3 weeks.
However, the combination of having heavyish period like bleeding and lighter than expected lines (and the CB should be saying 3+) weeks makes me think that something is going wrong like an ectopic or molar pregnancy, and of course because it’s the weekend I can’t see a GP until Monday!
Argh, sorry about the wall of text but heeelllppp.

I'd say still get yourself checked out, but getting pregnant straight after mirena is so common! A friend of mine is due 4 days after me, had her cool out and got pregnant a few days later, she was the opposite and never actually got a period so while she was waiting for her period to arrive to try for a baby she was actually pregnant!

With your bleeding I'd get checked out, but I had bleeding on both previous pregnancies and again at 13 weeks with this baby, for some of us it's just one of those things, if the bleeding doesn't die down go to A&E or your EPAU. And good luck:)

I'd say still get yourself checked out, but getting pregnant straight after mirena is so common! A friend of mine is due 4 days after me, had her cool out and got pregnant a few days later, she was the opposite and never actually got a period so while she was waiting for her period to arrive to try for a baby she was actually pregnant!

With your bleeding I'd get checked out, but I had bleeding on both previous pregnancies and again at 13 weeks with this baby, for some of us it's just one of those things, if the bleeding doesn't die down go to A&E or your EPAU. And good luck:)

Thank you! I got myself into such a state this morning, I think because I’ve hardly slept because I wanted it to be morning already so I could do another test to see if it was just a mistake I only managed to go for 4 hours without seeing though so I don’t know if it counts as FMU still hehe.

I’m not in any pain so I’ll make a GPS appointment on Monday and if I get pain in the meantime I’ll head to A+E. It’s good to hear I’m not alone in the bleeding though, thank you.

Do you have pictures of your tests hun?

The ones with the pink caps are from last night and the others from today. The pink cap ones are faint but are definitely more visible in person.

E52C6819-0646-4BEB-BA90-3D775FA877DA.jpeg

They look fab! How is the bleeding now?

They look fab! How is the bleeding now?

It’s actually calmed down a bit today but it has been just like a normal period for me! Sorry for the tmi but it was heavy enough I had to use tampons last week and had a few small clots etc too. God knows what’s going on but roll on Monday lol xx

Hey! Did you get in to see your Dr? How are you feeling?

Hey! Did you get in to see your Dr? How are you feeling?

I ended up in a+e after going to see an out of hours Dr on Sunday and got some bloods taken. And I went to the EPAU yesterday for repeat bloods. My HCG levels had more than doubled (425 to 938) and I’m having a scan on Saturday so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->