• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nothing wrong really as such

Janie66

Husband Dave,2 daughters
Reaction score
Ive had all tests that I can get on the NHS to see if anything is wrong with me and my partner, all mine have come back OK, except for 21 day test, which just showed I didnt ovulate that month,or was taken on wrong day, so im doing OPK and CBFM this month...... anyhow, thats it, nothing wrong with me, my fsh and lh levels came back as 5.8 and 3.5 all very low which is excellent according to charts.... I had my scans, nothing going wrong in there, My hubby does have an issue with sperm count, its a little low, 17 mil , and his motility isnt great too, so this is the only thing that could be stopping it happening, along with my age of course........Im taking so many pills and potions,to help with concieveing.........also my hubby is too, ..........so Ive asked for a fertility refferal now...... just to have a consultation, as we are not even sure if we can afford it yet. God, I spent so many years trying to not get pregnant, and now I want to, I cant:nope:. Thanks for reading xxxxxxx

Hi Janie

That all sounds positive regarding the results (and apparently over the age of 35 it's quite common to not ovulate in about 25% of cycles).

I've just been reading quite an interesting article about improving sperm quality

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fertility/MC00023

One thing I think is interesting is that sperm are meant to be stronger in the morning, and I also read yesterday that apparently most women ovulate around 4pm - so if possible I think it's good to BD late morning/lunchtime!

My OH went for SA a couple of weeks back and we're still waiting for the results. We did a home test on him a while ago and it suggested his sperm count was low.

But, even if it's low there's still a lot of the little swimmers there and it only takes one!

Fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks leeze xx

That is very intresting re sperm stronger in the morning isnt it.... and how the common time is 4pm for us females to ovulate, also I didnt know it was common to not ovulate in about 25% of cycles, I wonder if Im the 25% then??? weird tho, because last month I had lots of EWCM, more than normal for me, I put it down to better diet and all the vits Im taking that helped lol, I think I di dovulate, but I ovulated later on, I think I ovulated on the 19th day of my cycle tbh, so it was only 4 dpo I had that test. I hope hubbys sa results are ok when they come back for you both, FX, take care xx and thanks

Glad most of your test came back good. Did you Dr suggest that you just keep trying?

Future mommie Thanks for that, yes last GP who decided to take all the blood tests and scans did say that yes, but she regrettably has left my doctors surgery now :-(, real shame, because I really gel-d with her, and she seemed to be the only GP Ive had that has took a real intrest in me from all sides, My usual GP before her just used to tell me to keep trying and it will happen, and OH 'loose weight' everything with him was to do with my weight, im not exactly slim LOL, Im not huge either, Im a size 18 and 5ft 9 tall, I should be around 11-12 stone for my height and build, I'm slightly over this:winkwink:

Thanks leeze xx

That is very intresting re sperm stronger in the morning isnt it.... and how the common time is 4pm for us females to ovulate, also I didnt know it was common to not ovulate in about 25% of cycles, I wonder if Im the 25% then??? weird tho, because last month I had lots of EWCM, more than normal for me, I put it down to better diet and all the vits Im taking that helped lol, I think I di dovulate, but I ovulated later on, I think I ovulated on the 19th day of my cycle tbh, so it was only 4 dpo I had that test. I hope hubbys sa results are ok when they come back for you both, FX, take care xx and thanks

you're welcome hon! happy to share! the bit about not ovulating in 25% of cycles, I took that to mean that for each of us it's possible we won't ovulate in 1 out of 4 cycles - not that 25% of us don't ovulate. Does that make sense?

Mind you, I've also read recently that apparently sometimes the LH surge is less than 24 hours so you can easily miss it depending on when you're testing. Fingers crossed for you too xxx

I'm sorry it's been a rough go of it... it is crazy you spend so much of your life trying not to get pregnant, then it's difficult when you finally do decide you want to!!! Ugh... sounds like you may have some hurdles, but nothing you can't overcome. I've heard time and time again of women who were told they couldn't get pregnant only to end up pregnant later on in life!!! That has to say something! ;)

It hard when you want something so bad... but find joy and comfort in the people and things you do have in life... and know that when it's the right lil bean, it will stick!!!

Good luck and baby dust!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->