November 2013 Babies!

What exactly is a chemical? Is that if you get a positive before A/F arrives and then it ends up arriving on it due date? I hear some people saying chemical and some saying miscarriage so I'm just wondering what the difference is.

I hope this sticks...I just want the next two months to fly by as well!!

Jen - Did you tell your hubby?

Heres what Ive learned about a chemical vs miscarriage...please feel free to correct me if Im wrong ladies. Unless you test early, most women won't know theyve had a chemical, it would happen around the same time your period is due or a few days later....I feel like we're probably in the clear for that. A miscarriage will happen later and may or may not only be detected by a sonogram or ultrasound...it can be occompanied by cramps/blood loss, but, and this is what im worried about...your doctor could see if first (like at my 6 week appt) that it's not developing correctly and a miscarriage is soon to follow. FX thats not the case for ANY of us, but I have to admit, Im totally freaking out about, Im trying to stay calm.

Jenn- I did tell him!!! Nothing special, I was too excited! He is thrilled! He stared at me for a second and then said....'Im going to be a Dad?' then I cried lol :haha: he made me go to the baby store already....he's very organized so hes already trying to plan everything lol. A baby will definitely be an adventure. I think thats why Im trying not to get my hopes up. He's so excited and Im already attached and what if nothings growing in there? Im just trying not to think about it really.
I did read that MOST miscarriages happen before the 8 week mark, then it falls to about 5% and then 1% after 1st tri. Im still keeping my FX and hoping for a good appt on the 13th (ITS SO FAR AWAY)
How are you doing? Less crazy than me hopefully. Did you tell your DH? Howd it go?

WELCOME!!! to all you new ladies, so great to have you :)
Also, sorry for the terribly long post, buuuuut, I wanted to know how your symptoms were. I feel like I have good days and bad days and that makes me nervous. I feel symptoms today (not hungry, boobs hurt terribly, and im literally asleep on my feet) but yesterday I was hungry and only a little tired....anyone else like this?

Thanks for reading my ramblings ladies...I think being newly pregnant is scaring the crap out of me!

I'm so glad he is excited! My hubby is over the moon and my family are so excited! My mom and dad bought a bunch of stuff for the baby already so it's pretty special all around.

I am terrified...I have to stop reading about miscarriages and all of that stuff. I'm so worried when I just want to be excited and that's it!

My gyno hasnt returned my call yet so I'm going to ring her this afternoon.

Your appt is not that far away but frig Im sure it feels like a century! I just want to have a scan and here them say...yup...there is a baby in there!

I have no symptoms at all...aside from not sleeping well last night...that's it.

Yeah a chemical is basically an early miscarriage. The egg has fertilised and started to develop but for whatever reason it doesn't implant properly.
It results in cramping and bleeding, similar to AF but heavier.

I think Once you see/hear the heartbeat then odds of miscarriage drop massively.
I think all the worry and anxiety you feel during pregnancy is preparing you for motherhood. As I haven't stopped worrying about Miley since she born!! :)
All worth it though!!

X

If you click on mine, I should take you to the Lilypie website or you can just google Lilypie. Once you make your ticker (its pretty self explanatory) it will have a bunch of options for posting. Next to forum signatures click on the UBB Code and BBC code. It will show towards the bottom of the page. Just copy that and paste it in your signature!

NO symptoms?! That must be nice. Ive read about women feeling exhausted in early pregnancy.....after experiencing it for a few days, I have NO idea how pregnant people function. Im sooooo tired. I dont sleep well because my boobs hurt and Im tired all day, lol. I have no appetite but I feel awful about not eating, so I force myself and then I feel sick! I cant win

Thanks!

Well frig, my first appointment isn't until April 9th :-(. That feels like forever!

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I join you here! I got my BFP on March 2nd after over a year TTC (with PCOS) I am so happy but absolutely terrified at the same time (especially when I keep hearing m/c rates are higher with PCOS).
Not too many symptoms so far, bbs feel heavy and hurt when I touch or move them, very fatigued, a little dizzy and sensitive to smells. That all comes and goes though.

Hope you all are doing well, can't wait to get to know you all on this amazing journey :happydance:

Hi ladies! Excited to join the November babies group! I am almost 5 weeks and my EDD is November 6th :) This is my first pregnancy (my husbands first also) so we are very excited but I am also VERY nervous about miscarriage...it makes me feel better to know that I'm definitely not alone on that one!! I'm 26 and my husband is 34. We've only been married about 6 months and agreed two months ago to start TTC, never imagining it would take so quickly on the second cycle! Lets hope we all "stick" and have a great 9 months :) Congrats to all of you :) :)

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I join you here! I got my BFP on March 2nd after over a year TTC (with PCOS) I am so happy but absolutely terrified at the same time (especially when I keep hearing m/c rates are higher with PCOS).
Not too many symptoms so far, bbs feel heavy and hurt when I touch or move them, very fatigued, a little dizzy and sensitive to smells. That all comes and goes though.

Hope you all are doing well, can't wait to get to know you all on this amazing journey :happydance:

Congrats AnnaSaRa! A year is pretty well the norm for the average couple trying to conceive so that's wonderful news with PCOS. I wish you a sticky bean too! I havent gotten the sensitive to smell affect yet...will see what happens in the weeks to come!

Hi ladies! Excited to join the November babies group! I am almost 5 weeks and my EDD is November 6th :) This is my first pregnancy (my husbands first also) so we are very excited but I am also VERY nervous about miscarriage...it makes me feel better to know that I'm definitely not alone on that one!! I'm 26 and my husband is 34. We've only been married about 6 months and agreed two months ago to start TTC, never imagining it would take so quickly on the second cycle! Lets hope we all "stick" and have a great 9 months :) Congrats to all of you :) :)

Congrats and welcome too your new worry buddies...ha! We all seem to be on the same page when it comes to anxiety about miscarriage. We just need to figure out how to enjoy this blessing without thinking something bad is going to happen...easier said then done!

Hi ladies,

WELCOME & Congrats Anna! So glad you're here! It sounds like youre feeling like me with your symptoms yuck! How did you tell your DH?

Welcome & Congrats! Glad you found us :) It only took us two cycle too! Sometimes I feel guilty about it! Just lucky I guess and hoping everythings sticky! How did you tell your DH?

AFM- Im sleeping like crap and I hate it. Part of its that I just cant get comfortable with how bloated I am and how sore my bbs are and part of its anxiety I think :sleep: but Im exhausted all the time. Also, Im crying a lot, which I dislike. The slightest thing and wham!:cry:
I was freaking out a bit so I took another test this morning around 330 AM (i told you I couldnt sleep) and the line popped up right away darker than the control, so that makes me feel a bit better. :happydance: My sister gave me a Beatles lullaby cd, so I listened to that in the car this morning on the way to work. It helped
Heres some other random things Ive noticed. I get my appetite back in the evening, not full force, but from the time I wake up until around 6PM or so, Im not hungry at all. Slightly sick during the day, but later I seem to be ok. Im hoping this is normal. Also, Im ridiculously bloated by mid afternoon.
So, just trying to plug through the next week or so until my appt where hopefully everythings coming along great.
I know I write a lot, it just makes me feel so much better to get it all out! How are you ladies doing?

Hi ladies!

Rockinmomtobe, I told DH in the most uneventful way ever! I had all these plans to give him a card, or gift or something but when I took the test he was home and I was freaking out and showed him! Then he took me to the drugstore to get more tests. I kind figured that it would happen that way :dohh:

I feel the same way, I pretty much have to force food down my throat all day then around dinner Im famished and I can actually eat! Im so bloated today, and we're going to MIL's for dinner for her birthday. Im so scared Im going to give something away accidentally!

Hope everyone is doing well. Im going to the Drs tomorrow to see how my numbers are doing so FX everything is alright! :hugs:

Im SOOOOO glad someone else feels like I do with the eating! Ive been doing all kinds of googling and couldnt really find anything :) I understand on the bloat thing, we havent told OHs family and we see them pretty frequently, but wanted to wait until after my scan next week...so we might just hide out at home until then lol. I took my 5 week blump picture...too soon for these? lol

Hi ladies,
How are we all feeling?
I am super tired and hungry all the time but also feel sick on and off!!
I could really do with not being starving hungry all the time as I am already overweight!!
I am super moody as well!! Feel so bad for DH!!!

We havrn't told anyone yet.probably won't until we have our 12 week scan.
It still hasn't sunk in that we're expecting yet! Feels surreal!
But I am truly so grateful to be pregnant!

5 weeks tomorrow! I took a 4 week picture...ha...I know I wasn't showing obviously but I wanted to start tracking from the very beginning. All in good fun!

It's so hard not drinking coffee....I was feeling pretty irritable a few times today and I blame that...oh...and the fact that my step daughter was up before 6am this morning...yuck! Hope she sleeps in until 7am tomorrow so I can get some rest.

My only symptoms are really full boobs at this point...maybe I will be lucky and not have any :)...knock on wood!

Oh, I am a little hungrier it seems...unless I'm just imagining it? Some say you arent really eating for two until you're in your 6th month.

H & H 9 months to you all!
I got my BFP on the 1st, due November 8.

I had been TTC ever since my miscarriage last May. I am praying that this one will stick. Don't see a doctor until April 1 but should get an ultrasound then too <3

What exactly is a chemical? Is that if you get a positive before A/F arrives and then it ends up arriving on it due date? I hear some people saying chemical and some saying miscarriage so I'm just wondering what the difference is.

I hope this sticks...I just want the next two months to fly by as well!!

Jen - Did you tell your hubby?

A chemical is when you get a positive test, usually a few days before af and then then you get a negative test a few days later. It is basically treated like and early miscarriage and it is a fertilized egg that does not implant properly so when your af is due or a few days later the fertilized egg gets lost along with the shedding of your uterine lining, essentially your period. The problem with conceiving the following month after a chemical is it is diffiicult for the doctor to date your pregnancy as the period you would have had was essentially a miscarriage not af. So this is my situation and my doctor is sending me for an 8 week ultrasound to date the pregnancy. I am not at a higher risk of miscarrying this baby becuase I had a chemical which is good news unlike if you have a miscarriage later on in the pregnancy they ask you to wait one full normal cycle to strart trying as you are at an increased risk of miscarriage. So a chemical is different that way

H & H 9 months to you all!
I got my BFP on the 1st, due November 8.

I had been TTC ever since my miscarriage last May. I am praying that this one will stick. Don't see a doctor until April 1 but should get an ultrasound then too <3

We have the same due date!!! I will pray that this is it for you!! :hugs:

I just realized that I answered missjenn's question about teh chemical and so had other people so sorry about the repitition! I am feeling very sick most of the time and I went into a shoe store today and almost threw up from the overwhelming smell of rubber soles!!! So funny what happens to us! I have very sore bbs and am so tired as well. I want all the symptoms so that way I know I am still pregnant!!! Miscarriage terrifies me as well because I know it is so common and I can't wait until my 8 week scan so I can see and hear this baby I already love so much! I am trying to focus on the positive like how sick I feel but it is hard sometimes! So glad to have you all to talk to about this stuff

HAHA...its all good!

You guys are so lucky to get your first appts so quickly. I have to wait until April 9th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->