Now its getting hot....the best anti perspirant?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by charli87, Apr 1, 2011.

1. charli87

charli87 Chloes Mummy

well i sweat quite a bit in the winter, so as you can imagine the summer isnt fun for me at all:blush:
    i pretty much live in dark colours so it doesnt show but im getting fairly bored of that now

any recommendations from anyone for something that actually works but wont leave white marks? i currently use the sure crystal spray but the amount i have to use is stupid and still ends up going white:dohh:

thanks!:flower:

ETA i forgot to ssay its the wetness i have the problem with not the smell:haha:

2. iceylou

iceylou Guest

sounds like me. i dont smell i just end up really wet. drives me crazy. i have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

3. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

I love So kiss me and and So Sinful.
    I do find roll ons work better for me personally though x

4. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I find roll ons are better for people that sweat a lot because of the amount you need.

I have a bit of a sweat problem, I use either dove or sure minerals I think it is? neither of them stop me sweating fully but they do stop quite a lot and they stop me from being whiffy :lol:

5. charli87

charli87 Chloes Mummy

yup its cr*p isn't it, just annoys me that its good enough to stop any smell not wetness, i cant exactly go around naked everywhere, although im sure shops would clear out quick:haha:

6. lulu61388

lulu61388 Well-Known Member

i've tried everything under the sun and couldn't find anything that could work. then finally i was told by a friend to put my deodorant on at night before bed and then to reapply if i needed to (after showering in the morning). it worked!

i just use a regular stick antiperspirant now, no special brand or anything.

7. charli87

charli87 Chloes Mummy

hmmm strange ive always found roll ons worse most probably as i use too much it just never dries:haha:

was hoping someone was going to have some miracle product but it doesnt look that way:nope:

8. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

Have you tried Driclor ?? Its a roll on that you put on at night before you go to bed and it helps to stop sweating completely :) I had a wetness problem a few years back and I used this, you dont have to put it on every night. Now I find if I feel the problem coming back I will use Driclor for a few day and its gone :) But I do use Mitchum every day, you can get it in Roll on or spray but I find the roll on to be the best, it completely stops wetness. :)

9. mummytobe

mummytobe 2 little girls

Perspiguard ! swear by it. Its a bit like driclor, where you spray it on at night and lasts up2 5 days. Im a sweater and nothing but this has worked for me. I recommended it to someone on here and it also helped them :)

10. rockys-mumma

rockys-mumma Mummy to two lovely boys

Mitcham roll-on! Takes about 5 min to dry though but I fan under my arms with something and that helps lol. I use it every day in the summer, I swear by it now! My mum uses it and when I ran out of my own I used it, when I got in the bath it was like a waterproof layer you had to wash off!

11. Strawberries

Strawberries Well-Known Member

Driclor definitely :) works wonders

12. smartie

smartie 1 Prince, 1 Princess

Would also suggest driclor, though its not cheap but does work!

13. MrsKippling

MrsKippling Well-Known Member

I use mitchum which definately helps but far from solves the problem think i may try Driclor...where can you buy it?xxx

14. smartie

smartie 1 Prince, 1 Princess

Boots sell it

15. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

sure maximum protection is the best i have found it stops my excessive sweating! its £5 a go tho but worth it in the summer for me! x

16. charli87

charli87 Chloes Mummy

ohhh well looks like Driclor gets a big thumbs up so will give that a go thanks everyone!!

17. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I always use Dove...I use the roll on in the summer and the spray in the winter :lol:

18. v2007

v2007 Well-Known Member

I use Sanex micro talc, its really good.

V xxx

19. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

sure it's only one that works for me x

20. babyerin

babyerin mama to one and pg

Words of wisdom- do NOT shave your pits and put on driclor....oh my god it stings!

I used to use driclor but I like mitchum roll on, I don't sweat half as much with it on.

I am quite a sweaty person too