Now these stupid symptoms decide to show???!

sojourn

Soon to have 2 under 2
Reaction score
My app keeps saying 'You should feel better this week" less sick/tired etc.

Nope. I have been feeling worse the last three days than I did the last 10 weeks. Heartburn, nausea, vomiting.

I have been throwing up or gagging/dry heaving at everything.

I'm at my wit's end with my dining room carpet. When my awful mother-in-law lived here with her awful little dog she let the dog poop/pee all over the carpet on the daily and would only clean it up if it was visible. UGH

Now it's all soaked in to the pad and really there. I clean it a lot with vinegar and carpet deodorizer, so the smell isn't that bad. Except with super pregnancy senses. I walked in the house after dropping my husband off at work and I immediately threw up.

I want to just replace the damn thing, but it's a rental and our lease is up September 1st and we haven't confirmed that we're staying. I WANTED to replace the damn thing the minute my horrible monster-in-law left and we booted her stupid, idiotic dog. My husband procrastinated and never got an estimate/gave a bill to the people in charge of the MIL's financial situation. Now he feels (6 months later) that it's too late, plus he already had her pay for the steam cleaning (which obviously didn't work).

So basically, whenever I walk into my house and the AC isn't on, I am hit with a wave of pet stench and I puke and then get all bitter and angry toward my MIL and my husband again.

I don't know what to do. I got so fed up today that I poured a gallon of vinegar over the most offensive area and put towels over it. My husband will HATE this, but I'm going to keep doing it until the carpet smell is gone. Either by way of the vinegar or ripping it up and replacing it.

GRR
Just needed to vent.

Aww honey. Nothing worse than a foul smell that is just there all the time. Hopefully your hubby will replace carpet for u. If u decide to extend lease & stay on, tell him it could b hazardous for baby when it arrives (i'm pretty sure if its been steam cleaned there will b no germs etc) but dont tell him that lol x

Oh dear your poor thing. With my first I remember going to my moms house used to make me feel awful something to do with the washing powders and sir freshness just smelt vile to me like something had died lol

Aww honey. Nothing worse than a foul smell that is just there all the time. Hopefully your hubby will replace carpet for u. If u decide to extend lease & stay on, tell him it could b hazardous for baby when it arrives (i'm pretty sure if its been steam cleaned there will b no germs etc) but dont tell him that lol x

My husband is a scientist!!! He specializes in immune system research and has done extensive studying on fetal development and toxins. That definitely wouldn't work on him. Plus if I tell him anything weird he gets interested and goes all research mode. There's no getting on over on him! Lol

If we are renewing our lease I'll have it replaced myself. I already called an old friend (and ex-boyfriend, incidentally :haha:) who runs a flooring installation business to come by next week and check it out. He was crazy excited for me when I told him what was up, I'm sure he'll give me a good deal. I'll hold off on doing it until the lease is confirmed.

We're paying for it either up-front or through our deposit when we move. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of moving furniture etc. if we're not staying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->