NT scan at 14 weeks because they're fully booked!

Islabella

Reaction score
ive just had my date through for my NT scan and it's not until I'm 14 weeks to the day! I think at the scan they might find out I'm a few days ahead of that too - but have been told it's the earliest they have an appointment!

There have been two cases of Trisomy conditions in my husbands family in our children's generation (my sister in law) one of them wasn't compatible with life... and they're always concerned its genetic so I feel as if here's a genuine need for the NT scan to be carried out accurately.

Alongside this I had a vanishing ID twin at 6 weeks which was unexplained (of course - it just never developed a HB) and that has concerned me with the family history. They've warned me that they might not be able to get an accurate reading as hey normally recommend it before 13weeks 6 days. Has anyone else had a scan this late and been turned away?

Thanks x

Thats really unfair and must be so disappointing. Can you ask to be put on a waiting list for cancellations, as a priority? Or is there another hospital? How many weeks are you now?

I'm so sorry Islabella. What an anxious time and especially with medical history concerns.

I agree with the above about seeing if they can put you on a list for cancellations. They had to do it once for me (not for pregnancy) and I got seen a day later at very short notice but it was fine and meant less waiting.

x

I was in the exact position you were. My dating and nt scan aren't untill next week which will make me 14+2 when it is done. Due to my past history and medical factors within my oh's side of the family I was very worried but was told by the nhs there was nothing I they could do as they are fully booked. We had to find the money for a private scan. Cost us £65 but worth it to know our little one is healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->