NT Scan/Triple Test

Jus

New mum!
Reaction score
If you've had an NT scan & blood test do you also have the Triple Test?
I've had NT & bloods but no-one has mentioned the Triple Test to me. Don't want to go past the dates when it's ok to have it done, if I do actually need it.

Any ideas?!

As long as your results come back from NT scan and Blood test ok then there is no reason to have the triple test, my midwife was going to send me for the triplet test but when I told her I had the NT scan privately she said there was no need to go ahead with it.

Hope that helps x

Thanks for that. My NT & bloods were fine so I guess that's why no one had mentioned the triple to me!

Hi it may depend on what area you live in, as I was offered it at my 15 week appointment and Scan

i had it offered to me at my 12 week appiont after my scan & i declined x

I got offered it at my 12 week scan so im going next week. Im in Northern Ireland

You only need the triple if your NT and bloods are iffy! The NT and Bloods need to be taken before 13+6.

If they were word, they would tell you to have the triple.

Like the girls have said, if you had the NT there's no point having the triple test - the NT screening is much more sophisticated so you could get a worse result and then worry unnecessarily.

I paid for the NT and declined the triple - it also saves the NHS resources...

I was offered the triple test at my 12 week scan but that was 30 mins b4 they took my bloods

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->