NT Scan

cammy

Mummy To Alexander XD
Reaction score
I have my NT scan in 2 weeks and I was told to get my blood test at 10 weeks, but I haven't been able to until today and I am 10+6 weeks. Will this make it impossible to get correct results, or does it not matter as much?

Not an expert or anything, but I've just had my NT scan yesterday at 13w3d and was only told to get the bloods done at some point before the scan (no mention of any deadline other than that the scan needed to be done by 13w6d), so did them on Saturday at 12w6d and they didn't mention there being any problem with that. You could just ring your midwife though if you're worried.

my NT scan is tomorrow, and no one said anything at all about me getting my bloods done before hands :shrug: I think for me they plan on doing it tomorrow while I am already there

Here they do blood test at same time as the NT scan. Mine was done by the hospital at 12+3. As far as I'm aware it shouldn't matter so much when they do the bloods, more so when they do the scan to take the Nuchal fold measurement, as after about 13 weeks the translucent part they measure starts to decrease anyway so they wouldn't get an accurate measurement x

I have my NT scan in 2 weeks and I was told to get my blood test at 10 weeks, but I haven't been able to until today and I am 10+6 weeks. Will this make it impossible to get correct results, or does it not matter as much?

I got a referral for mine and it said "11-14 weeks" on it. I did mine today (thought 11+3 but pushed up to 11+5) and I asked why the dates were specified for the test. I was told that the baby needs to be large enough (roughly 1.7in or larger) to see the detail, but also not developed enough to be non-transparent (that's why there's a cap). Then part two has a different set of dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->