NTNP #1 but taking OPKs and Temping...

T

TeddysGirl

Hiya.

I guess I'm here now.

There is a long story but I can't be bothered to go into it now.....basically OH and I have decided to NTNP.

I'm also doing OPKs and temping, this is just because my cycles are usually between 27 and 30 days long and last month it was only 24 days and 23 days the month before that. Although it's been difficult to temp because I have a 5 month old puppy and I have to get up during the night to let her in the garden to do her business my temps aren't very accurate.

When I used to track ovulation years ago I always, without fail, ovulated on CD16....so we are worried that if I am still ovulating on CD16 and my cycles are only 23 days long that my LP might be too short.

However, we aren't going out of our way to BD when I O so technically we are NTNP and not TTC.....I think.

Hi teddysGirl,

Me and my OH are planning on doing the exact same thing! I have four days left of bcp then we will be NTNPing. I have just bought a Clearblue fertility monitor, so I will be using that very soon! Hopefully my AF won't take too long to come back.

Hi and good luck, hope you get your Bfp fast :)

I have noted down start of AF each cycle and that's it. It estimates when i will ovulate so unless we reach 6 months without conceiving, keeping track of when Af starts is all i will be doing. We dtd often enough normally anyway that there would never be a chance of missing he fertile stage to i don't feel that for us it would actully be helpful to try anything like SMEP as that would actually mean us having less sex than usual. I have decided if we reach 6 months with no success i will opk for a few cycles to make sure the predicted ov date fits in with actual ov date and dtd every other day over fertile stage as I have read it can take 24+ hours in some men for the sperm to fully replenish so in some cases it's better to dtd every other day rather than everyday. Hopefully we won't get to that point as i would rather it be spontanious, romantic and fun than all about just making a baby.

When I read the title, I was thinking to myself... "where is the line between NTNP and TTC?" After reading your post, I think it's true that you would fall under NTNP since you aren't going out of your way to DTD even though you have a very good idea of when you are ovulating because of your temping and OPKs. Sounds like a good way to go about it! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->