NTNP 30+ - Anyone else?

B

baby.love

Hey ladies!

Anyone else out there NTNP who is 30 and over?

I'm 31 this month and finding the whole NTNP/TTC thing feels different this time around :shrug:

:flower:

Hi!
I'm 34 and NTNP. I don't have any children and I would love to be a mom! The reason I'm at the NTNP stage this late is I was married to a jerk who didn't want children. After we divorced I met a great man who does want children, so we decided I would go off the pill this past Feb and if it happens it happens :) We are not married (not that it matters!) so we are not full on TTC!
I feel my clock ticking!!! :coffee:

Me! I'll be 32 tomorrow. We're at a crossroads with careers so it's important that we deliver sometime April-May if its going to happen for us in the next two year. That way I can be off for the summer and won't have to worry about taking maternity leave since with our careers I'll be doing a year internship after graduating. We'd like to time it for April-May so I can deliver sometime around when I finish my last year of school and before I officially start a job. So we're halfway NTNP now, probably NTNP but hoping we conceive June-July, and then back to WTT for a few months until our summer "window."

Hi babylove :hi:
I am 36 and NTNP. But my cycles are totally messed up from breastfeeding so I'm not really expecting anything to happen anytime soon. I'd really like to get pregnant by the end of 2011 but I know realistically it could take longer this time.

Hey girls :wave:

I have no idea on my cycles yet! this is my 1st cycle off BCP so its a matter of wait and see. Before the pill my cycles were anything from 28-35 days.
Sienna took us a while to concieve so i know i will more than likely be in for a long journey... Circumstances and stuff almost guarentee's it.

I feel more relaxed than i did TTC with the other kids.. I actually dont have the constant urge to POAS :lol:

Here's hoping us 30+ girls get those gorgeous :bfp:'s soon xxx

hi ladies!

I turned 30 back in January.. had my first son 9 years ago.. so this TTC seems much more this round. my son wasn't planned.. this one is.. waiting for a :bfp:

Hi, i'll be 31 in july and literally just started ntnp (awaiting proper af) i have a little boy who will be 2 in July. Im guessing it may take us longer this time as we intend to ntnp until the summer, whereas last time we ttc properly straight away and it took us 4-5 months to conceive, but you never know x good luck everyone!! x

I'm 32 and decided to ntnp this month, although will kinda ttc this month but if we don't get lucky then it will be NTNP for a few months as the baby can't be born in march or early April, due to work commitments :haha: never thought I would have to space it around work

I'm 31 and my partner of 10 years and I have finally decided were grown ups, we're now on the "let's stop being careful" path. This would be the first baby for both of us, so I'm extremely nervous and a tad excited at the same time and would also appreciate advices from you gals from time to time. x

I am 31, married since last April and trying since last August. OH and I have been together 6 years, seems like only yesterday..
I tend to hover betweeb NTNP and TTC forums: I am trying my hardest not to get too obsessed with the whole process, but I am temping this month as I am worrying that I might not be ovulating. So many things I didn't think existed about TTC, it is a bit overwhelming sometimes!

BabyBambi, you sound a little like me, OH and I together 13 years, not married, and have decided that it is time to grow up. If we want kids, we need to do something about it, we are both 30.

We have talked about me coming off the pill, but it is very scary. Have made docs apt for 8 July to get myself all checked out and to get advice on what I should/shouldnt be doing etc.

I'm 34 and have started NTNP this month. We were going to wait until next year so we could extend our house and it would fit in better with work, but we've decided this is more important and so we should start sooner. I have a little boy who is seven, from a previous marriage and unplanned, so it all feels very different this time.

It's taken me so long to convince my husband we are ready, he's younger, that i'm just scared it won't happen now.

I'm 31 and we are about to start NTNP after WTT for a few years...lets see what happens eh?!

I'm 33 and on my first month of NTNP. Hubby and I have also been together for 13 years, and it's sort of s#%# or get off the pot, lol. I don't want to wait any longer.

OH is certainly not against having a baby (or we wouldn't be together), but he is apprehensive about how it will change our lives. I'm sure he would like to wait 13 more years :wacko: but my biological clock says otherwise!

I think the 30s is a great time to TTC/NTNP! :thumbup:

So I am wondering if you all have found that your cycles are changing as you've gotten older. I am asking because I am 32, came off the pill 2 years ago and haven't resumed regular 28 day cycles yet. It's always 24-31. Now, I'm all of a sudden starting to get ovulation bleeding. It's wierding me out that I haven't had it my entire life then started getting it all of a sudden. I am wondering is it age. Somebody put my mind to ease please?

I’m 34 and this is my first cycle off of the bcp. I didn’t want to bother with all the charting and such. We will see what happens after a few months and go from there.

Hiya girls, nice to meet you all :wave:

I'm now onto cycle 3!

GirlBlue - Yes hun, my cycles have changed over the last year or so, i used to be 28 days without fail, now i am anywhere from 23 - 31 (so far)

:flower:

Hey girls, i'm 31 so in the 'older' NTNP club I guess!

So I am wondering if you all have found that your cycles are changing as you've gotten older. I am asking because I am 32, came off the pill 2 years ago and haven't resumed regular 28 day cycles yet. It's always 24-31. Now, I'm all of a sudden starting to get ovulation bleeding. It's wierding me out that I haven't had it my entire life then started getting it all of a sudden. I am wondering is it age. Somebody put my mind to ease please?

My cycles have changed too. I always used to have a 28 day cycle, could time pretty much to the hour when AF would start. In the last couple of years it's becoming increasingly erratic, anything from 24 to 32 days in length. I don't know why it's happened, but I'm pretty certain I ovulate most months. The months I've temped I definitely have, and I get all the right CM. So hopefully it's not a problem!

That's what my sister said too. I'm also worried (kind of) b/c I've been bleeding/spotting for the past week mid-cycle. I thought it was OV bleeding (came CD 13) but stayed til CD 16, which is a little long. We BD CD 10&11 but that's way too early to mean preggers. So, I'm hoping all this means is just that I'm getting older. Ugh...such is life.

I am 32 and we are NTNP #3 at the moment. We may move on to TTC if it doesn't happen by the end of the year. We have basically been NTNP since last September when AF came back after Cormac was born so this is month 10. It took us 22 months of NTNP/TTC to get Cormac after having Tiarnan so it would be nice for #3 to come a bit sooner. :dust: to you all!

GirlBlue, I read somewhere (which of course I can't remember exactly where so don't quote me on it) that our cycles change every 7 years or so. This has to do with the way our hormones are constantly changing and the life cycles that we go through. If you are concerned about the changes your body is making you can always put a call in to your OB/GYN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->