NTNP after severe SPD...anyone else considering a 2nd(+) in the same boat?

lillybet

Reaction score
Hello :)

Well I just wanted to come along here and say hi... DS is one next week. I may be mad, but DH and me have decided to NTNP for number 2. I had severe SPD with numero uno (crutches, codeine, months of immobility and pain - the works) so I may well be mad... however, we both really want to try again, we just seem to be holding back from committing to TTC because the thought of TTC 100% is a bit scary. Being preg and the SPD being so bad again is frankly, terrifying now that we have a toddler too. But the optimistic (in denial) part of me doesn't want to put off our family plans, when we always wanted more, and close in age...

I guess I was hoping to meet anyone out there who also had a painful or disabling pregnancy, but is almost ready to face it again? Maybe for moral support? or am I the only one mad enough to give it a whirl again?

sorry hun i didnt want to read and run as ive not been in this situation but i think if its something you really want you should go for it as for the pain :( i wish you didnt have to go through that and i could see why it would scare you... i hope you find others in the same boat that can really support you through this i wish you so much baby dust and btw i dont think you mad for wanting it again ..

thanks hon :) I decided this time around I'd try and get some support, first pg I didn't even really try and talk about it I was just kind of gritting my teeth and pretending I was fine - which didn't help! I do truly want to try again, even thinking about it makes me all giggly and goofy, I just feel excited and happy inside! I am worried about telling ppl though if/when we are lucky enough to get pg. Most of my family/friends still keep saying how awful it was first time, and things like 'you'll be waiting years then I expect...' basically not very encouraging! I don't blame them for worrying but it's our family and we have to follow our hearts...

thanks hon :) I decided this time around I'd try and get some support, first pg I didn't even really try and talk about it I was just kind of gritting my teeth and pretending I was fine - which didn't help! I do truly want to try again, even thinking about it makes me all giggly and goofy, I just feel excited and happy inside! I am worried about telling ppl though if/when we are lucky enough to get pg. Most of my family/friends still keep saying how awful it was first time, and things like 'you'll be waiting years then I expect...' basically not very encouraging! I don't blame them for worrying but it's our family and we have to follow our hearts...

hey hun yeah for sure getting support before hand would deffinatley be a plus! especially from people who have gone through that so they at least can relate to you im sorry your family is not so encouraging im sure they are just scared about you having to go through that again so thats why they are put off to the idea but im sure they would support you as they did your first pregnancy :) and thats right it is your choice and you do have to follow your heart :) dont ever let people change your mind especially when it comes to things like this if its something you really want then go for it because in the end it will make you happy and you wont ever look back and regret that you didnt follow through with what you wanted :D :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->