ntnp, how is it possible?

frustrated11

baby#2 on the way!
Reaction score
We are officially ntnp. We tried for 6 months and took a few off. I think DH and I are tired of stressing "when" to do it. Hopefully this works for us. I just need some tips from all you others who are ntnp. How do you keep from thinking about it??

Its easy for me because i dont know when i'm ovulating :laugh2:
Not sure how the other ladies with regular cycles deal with it though.
Hope you have a stress free and short stay here :)

Hope you have a short stay here!

I admit I'm not very successful about not thinking about it. lol The best thing I can do is keep busy and it does help that I have irregular cycles and am not sure month to month when I'm ovulating or fertile, if I was more regular I'm sure I'd be stressing about BDing when I was and obsessing over waiting for that time of the month to come.

Well, you can always be secretly crazy like me! lol Just kidding. No but really I do pay attention to my body but I don't worry if we have sex at the right time if we do we do and if we are tired and don't feel like it then we don't. My husband is very what happens happens..

I guess it's just enjoying each other than having cave-man-like sex just to make a
Baby. For me i wanna enjoy the spontanaity of being newly-weds without saying "oh it's the 20th we've gotta have sex@3o clock".

Do I think about it!? All the time. We were out shopping and I saw the most adorable
Little shoes and my heart just sank..... I want a baby, hubby is passive right now,
So were letting the bigman decide....

Staying busy is key but so is allowing yourself to think about it once in a while. If you tell yourself that you will never think about it then you end up thinking about it. When my mind starts to wander toward being pregnant I allow myself to think about it for 5 minutes, no more. If I see an article of clothing that I think is particularly cute then I will allow myself to think "I would like to get that if my next child is a girl/boy" and then I move on. I don't dwell on it, otherwise I would drive myself crazy.

All very good advice ladies. I wanted to make sure it is ok if I think about it a little. I don't know how I would advoid it. I didn't have to worry about it the first time around. We were pregnant 2 months after we stopped using protection. I am glad to hear some of you don't make a point to do it when you don't feel like it. I think I will O Friday (my ticker is wrong. Not sure how to fix it), and I thought...maybe we should tonight...but I am exhausted so I am not forcing it. Maybe I will feel like it tomorrow.

I take spells where I really think about it and then I start creating symptoms that aren't there I take multiple tests to see and then I'm really disappointed. I'm learning that everything I think is a pregnancy symptom is either stress or PMS. We've been NTNP for about a year now. I'm kinda disappointed and DH is really getting to the point of TTC. I don't do well with stress so I think we should keep going the way we are right now.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->