Ntnp or ttc???

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
Right I think I should move over now as we started NTNP last night!!!

The question is I'm not charting or using OPK we're just going with the flow and seeing what's gonna happen.
Do I class myself as TTC or NTNP??? I wanted to change my status over under my name to 'NTNP' but I don't see an option to do that and it won't let me type it myself, I have seen other forum members with status' they've written themselves, how do I do it?

Oh I'm so excited I hope it's not too long before my :bfp:

I've just answered my own question and figured it out! lol I'm a little slow sometimes!

I'm still confused as to what I would consider us to be doing ntnp or ttc... I'm not going into the serious stuff like OPK just yet! Thats a few months away if I don't pg soooooon!!

Congrats on that... hope you get your BFP soon :)
Personally, I'd say you were TTC as that is clearly your plan... I think it all gets put out of propertion on these forums as surely you dont need to be charting, etc in order to be trying for a baby!??!? I mean most people I know who've been TTC haven't done anythinglike that... just lots of you-know-what!!!
When my time comes I don't intend to chart or anything (unless nothing happens for a while) but I will certainly consider myself to be TTC!!!!
Good luck!!!

I agree that NTNP is the same as TTC, its just the relaxed way of doing things :)

Hopefully i'll only ever have to NTNP!

I agree that NTNP is the same as TTC, its just the relaxed way of doing things :)

Hopefully i'll only ever have to NTNP!

Thats exactly what I think too!

Thanks girls... I'll stick with NTNP! I prefer it to be spontaneous and relaxed and defiantly not regimental, I think that takes so much away from the whole experience. x

I consider NTNP to be trying. When we start TTC I'm not going to be using OPKs or charting or anything, but I'll definitely still be trying! :) Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!!

I think NTNP only means you don't care whether you get pregnant but if you do it's okay too. If that makes any sense. It's for couples that don't use contraception but aren't trying to get pregnant intentionally either. That's what I always thought anyways. I always hate when people say they are NTNP but are really using OPKs and charting. I've seen that a few times on here. :dohh: But anyways, GOOD LUCK!! DH and I took the relaxed approach and I never charted and have never even touched an OPK. I think that'd take all the romance out of trying for a baby. Peeing on a stick every day=no fun. :rofl: But we ended up pregnant with only two months of trying the first time and a month and a half the second time! :thumbup: Good luck again!

I think when we are NTNP I will stay here. The TTC board is really intense on charting and OPK--which is the way to go if you are actively TTC. We are planning on a couple months of, if it happens its great but we aren't going to stress. Congrats on your NTNP status!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->