Ntnp/ttc

MummyKP

Reaction score
So DH is keen to NTNP rather than TTC, but personally I see it as the same just I won't be crazily tracking my ovulation dates etc and can just take it as it comes to begin with, which is how I want it. He doesn't want it to be stressful for us, and I agree that if I was charting it would be more of a stressful situation where I'd want to DTD as soon as I know I am O etc. Just wandering of others' experiences with this - how many have conceived quite quickly if NTNP?

Ntnp my first. 3 months.
Ntnp 2nd. 8 months.

Just downright forgot the p with 3rd lol :D

We NTNP, both of mine were conceived on the first time we didn't use protection. We will be NTNP again in a couple of weeks :dance: and I'm hoping we conceive quickly again as I'd rather avoid actively ttc, as I know it would stress my DH out (plus I don't understand how the whole temping, charting thing works :haha:). I do usually know when I'm ovulating though as I get signs so if it takes a while we'll probably increase DTD around ovulation, rather than just going with the flow.

Hi hun :)

If you are BDing 2-3 times a week then don't worry about the day you ovulate. You will always be guaranteed to have sperm there. I would say TTC is charting etc which me and OH won't be, but in my mind I won't be able to NOT think about symptoms and that awful TWW so am I really NTNP lol?

As i say, BDing a few times a week and that's sufficient for whenever the egg arrives. Good luck!

I think of TTC as tracking/temping/using aids/etc, and NTNP as just letting things happen naturally as you go about your life. :flower: Enjoy your partner, and try to do it every couple of days, and you should be covered!

I got pregnant my second cycle; first month tried TTC and hated it, then switched to NTNP and got pregnant the next month.

I completely agree with you all ladies, I won't be charting anything, just taking each day as it is and bd when we want to. I personally see this as still trying just more relaxed about it. But I know I will also go through the TWW and symptom spot, I won't be able to stop myself lol. It's looking like we will stop preventing January sometime, maybe few at the latest, and taking it from there. I am super excited, it would be amazing if we caught first or second cycle. I must try stay relaxed lol

I'm doing something in between NTNP and TTC. I get signs of ovulation, so will try to make sure we DTD around then, but I'm not charting or using OPKs or anything. I'll still end up in the TWW symptom spotting. :haha:

My first was conceived the first month I didn't use protection, my second was conceived after two months (my first cycle off birth control), and my third was conceived after 13 months NTNP.

That's basically what we are doing aidensxmomma. My signs of ovulation are very regular with my cycle, as I use an app actually to chart my period. I have enough stress in my life right now (and my smart butt just took on an extra half of my job because someone quit and we get a stipend for the extra work...) so charting and whatnot doesn't work for us.

congrats on DH agreeing to NTNP! Sounds like your convo went well. Hoping you don't have to wait long!

I will be aware of my ovulation dates - I imagine from day 10-20 we will try DTD every 2-3 days in order to try catch the egg lol I will also be using this month to spot signs of ovulation just so I am a little more aware if my body. I'm just not keen to start temping and using OPKs just yet....that's what we'll use if the first three months aren't successful. I am really hoping we will catch the first month of NTNP. We've always had protection, whether it be the pill or a condom, so it will be so exciting when we start. I think he's come round to the idea of starting in January :) super exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->