nuchal translucency test 13wk

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Nickki_1986, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

this couldnt be preformed as baby was in wrong postion and wudnt co operate, i have to see the mw and have a blood test at 16 weeks currently 13 weeks has anyone had this promlem?? they said all is ok and not to worry but im a worrier and cant help but worry, just wondering if any of u ladies have had this xxx

2. Waitress

Waitress Well-Known Member

I haven't but my best friend had the exact same problem- they couldn't get a NT measurement reading from the scan.

So they tested her blood at 16 weeks and did the screening then. She had to wait a week for the results but got a risk factor just like you would for the earlier nuchal test. Don't worry - you'll get your answer as soon as they can get it to you and remember than the odds are in your favour - whenever you have the test.
    :hugs:

3. Nikki1120

Nikki1120 Mum to Hollie and Max :D

I had the same problem, then had the blood test at 16 weeks, i had my results at 1:29.000 :D i'm sure you'll be fine hun.

4. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

THANKYOU GIRLS!!! cant help[ but worry!

5. Nikki1120

Nikki1120 Mum to Hollie and Max :D

I find the nuchal test too stressful anyways, i'm not going to have any of these tests done with any future children, i suppose with first ones you want every test possible XD

6. booboomagoo

booboomagoo Well-Known Member

We ALMOST had this problem, then Sprocket decided to play nice and roll over. I am sure everything will be fine :)

7. Broody1976

Broody1976 Well-Known Member

Sonographer made me cough.... a lot to make baby move for my NT scan.

Lots of my friends have had babies who just refused to play ball....and ended up having the blood test instead.

Easy for me to say but ...... try not to worry.

8. cantwait86

cantwait86 TTC After 2nd-Tri Loss

Yes, try not to worry, since the odds are in your favor, i don't think it matters If you have to Scan done at 13 weeks, or the blood test done at 16 weeks. I wouldn't worry about it either way. Your bubba is totally fine and besides Im sure you will love hi
    /her no matter what anyways, so it dosent matter that your just having the blood test done. I'm not doingthe scan next time around either, way too stressful- all I wanted to do my stare at my beautiful baby and the U/S Tech kept quiet and would only speak up to point out different things on the baby, which of course made me feel like aomehing was wrong!! 30 mins of that nonsense was enough for me.

I'm sure everything will turn out great.

9. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

The 16 week bloods are not quite as accurate as the nt test and bloods but theyre the next best thing - try not to worry xx