nuclear medicine exam?

rachael22

Reaction score
the reason im askin is because i had an appointment the surgeon and she said she was referring me for a scan of ther gallbladder to see how its functioning!
so the letter has just arrived but on the letter it says a nuclear medicine exam? is hida scan the same thing? ive gotta fone the x-ray department and book an appointment but now am im scared what this test is!

Didn't want to read and run.
Best advice I can offer is to ask them when you book the appointment. :flower:

Daisy had a DMSA on her kidneys when she was 6 months. Not scary at all, they just injected her with nuclear dye, waited a couple of hours and then lay her pm a scanning table for 30-40 minutes. Obv I can't say it's the same one, but I'd say it sounds like!

Daisy had a DMSA on her kidneys when she was 6 months. Not scary at all, they just injected her with nuclear dye, waited a couple of hours and then lay her pm a scanning table for 30-40 minutes. Obv I can't say it's the same one, but I'd say it sounds like!

hiya thankyou for your reply i rang them up booked the appointment and asked her about it and yes u r correct then inject me with a dye and it goes through my liver, gallbladder etc sounds scary but had 2 be done 2 get to the bottom of it X

I think that might be what I had done (while pregnant!) - injected with a dye then lying down on the scanning machine. I wouldn't worry about it, it is scary getting injected with strange stuff but if its safe for a pregnant woman then I'm sure its even more safe for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->