Number 3? Decisions, decisions...

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have 2 boys! Baby number 3 was never on the cards! We're very happy as a family of 4, however last night my OH mentioned that he might want a third. That really shocked me (in a good way) because he was always the one from the beginning to say NO MORE!

But now I have all these things going round in my head... I was told I have a underactive thyroid (they have even upped my dosage because my levels aren't right still so conceiving could be tricky), im nearly 34 and the sleepless night could be harder, it would be my 3rd c-section, i have low ferritin levels and I have extreme health anxiety issues! These are the cons :dohh:

However, I cannot stop thinking about the pros!
Another baby, an additional little boy with a different little face, even maybe a little girl... Can't stop looking at prams and clothes! Even though the cons scare me a lot, I feel like the pros are totally out weighing them!! :winkwink:

AAaargh what to do, what to do!!!!

Anyone in the same boat??

:flower:

Yes have been for about 3 years but more so the past 2 yrs thinking about it on and off, changing my mind regularly. The thing I’ve noticed is each time I talk myself out of it because yes it will be hard work and it seems crazy logically to have a 3rd with all the practicalities, dh is 50/50 he sees the practical side more than anything but is happy to go ahead.
So I talk myself out of it and decide we will stick with 2 but I always come back to it. I’ve tried hard to put it to the back of my mind/move on with the family we have, gone on the pill etc but still it always comes back the questioning, the desire.

So I obvs want one it just seems crazy that I would do it knowing what lays ahead! People often give advice to wait and see how you feel I’m a yr or 2, well Im there and still want it! So we.ve decided we will ttc! Scary but exiting, I think if I’ve spent this much time thinking about it and it’s still on my mind I should probably do it as in years to come I may of wished I had. It’s so hard to know how our lives will be though in years to come or how we may feel.
Good luck, it’s not an easy decision x

Hi oh my my god yes we are very simulating the fact that we ave two boys it will be my third section too, and oh had always said no more 😂 but last night we really got talking and when we come back from playa Blanca in June we r gonna try for a new baby I'm like you looking at baby clothes etc and would love a girl I said to him that I see you with the boys and have so much fun playing rough or cars etc but I'd love to have that with a girl to be girly with I'm so girly naturally but as a boy mam it's hard to be in anything other than uggs n jeans 😂

Hi oh my my god yes we are very simulating the fact that we ave two boys it will be my third section too, and oh had always said no more 😂 but last night we really got talking and when we come back from playa Blanca in June we r gonna try for a new baby I'm like you looking at baby clothes etc and would love a girl I said to him that I see you with the boys and have so much fun playing rough or cars etc but I'd love to have that with a girl to be girly with I'm so girly naturally but as a boy mam it's hard to be in anything other than uggs n jeans 😂

Oh my god me too!!!
You will have to let me know how you get on...
My biggest fear is probably the 3rd section - i feel like my previous 2 did my back so harm too!!

I really want this baby now!! Trying to convince my OH still... he sees the cons a little more then I do! Its frustrating!!!

:flower: :flower:

I was in this predicament a few months ago after being so sure we were done at two, now look at us, 8 weeks pregnant! I still have moments wondering are we mad to go back to it? But ultimately we would never regret a new baby, but would more likely regret not trying!

I was in this predicament a few months ago after being so sure we were done at two, now look at us, 8 weeks pregnant! I still have moments wondering are we mad to go back to it? But ultimately we would never regret a new baby, but would more likely regret not trying!

oooh congratulations! So exciting :hugs:

I feel a 3rd baby would be so amazing but will have to see what happens I guess xx

Same. Oat here too! DH & I have 2 girls (9 & 4). I had a chemical (surprise) last month and that has got me thinking about it again. I’ve gone back and forth ever since our second was born. I keep thinking about all the cons. We’re older now (32 & 34), more money, harder for a family of 5, etc but I still keep coming back to it. DH is not sure he wants anymore tho :-(

Same. Oat here too! DH & I have 2 girls (9 & 4). I had a chemical (surprise) last month and that has got me thinking about it again. I’ve gone back and forth ever since our second was born. I keep thinking about all the cons. We’re older now (32 & 34), more money, harder for a family of 5, etc but I still keep coming back to it. DH is not sure he wants anymore tho :-(

Totally in the same boat hun!
I keep seeing my friends and they're all having their 3rd. One friend just had twins and now has 5... If they can do it surely we can haha thats what i keep telling OH!

Hey guys

I have two and I’m really nervous about a 3rd. I know I want another just not sure how long I should wait :/

We've just started trying again for our third after a mc last year. It definitely makes me nervous and there are definitely cons.. for example we only have a 3 bedroom house, so if a boy, my son will have to share, and if a girl, my daughter will. Then there's the car... I'm not sure we'd fit 3 car seats in our car if we were to go out all together. *IF* I was to get pregnant now, my daughter would be 6.5 years old when baby was born.. not really a time to be taking her out of a car seat :dohh:
But I cannot shake the feeling that we are meant to be a family of 5.
Good luck :flower:

Ugh, I’ve been a crazy person all week trying to figure out if we should go for #3 or not....I constantly go back and forth, it’s driving me crazy! I feel like I’m never going to feel 100% certain one way or another :(

Maybe I was more confident that I wanted 3, but I decided to just NTNP and let nature decide. We had plenty of reasons that 2 would be easier, but I just couldn't get #3 out of my head. My last two will only be 14 months apart, but we are getting really excited now, and I haven't thought much more about all the cons. In a few more years, I'm sure we won't be able to imagine life without #3. I think I'd be more likely to regret not trying than having another kid.

I'm doing the same right now missy. Im currently 8 days late for af, a few bfns and starting to wonder if #3 is a good idea. Mainly its a financial/space thing. I have a job lined up to start in September when ds starts full time school.... a baby would mean i cant take that job (i know i could pay childcare, but by thr time i paid for 4 days a week childcare i wouldnt be making any money!!)

I cant get #3 out of my head... but maybe im starting to feel it's a selfish decision.. almost like taking away from dd and ds to fulfil my needs. :shrug:
Of course IF I am pregnant now I will love the baby so so much and wouldnt hesitate to 'make it work' but this waiting has given me time to think more realistically for sure.

Yes yes yes!!! we already have 3 boys ( triplets ) and id love the thought of another little boy running around the house ( i think id be terrified if it was a girl ! ) but we also have the cons too - 2 of our trio were born with clubfoot which is now corrected, i have an underactive thyroid and recently found out that i have PCOS. im coming off the pill end of this cycle and were just going to see what happens !!

x

I’m in the same boat but at a slightly higher number. This would be our 5th baby /cs! Keep swinging back and forth between my heart and head. Luckily we have a big house (5bedrooms) so have space. But everything else is bang on!

We are about to start ttc baby #2. I'm 95% sure this will be my last. However, I was very brody before my first, now I'm very brody for this one. I wonder if I'll have the same feelings when #2 is older. Or will I feel done? I've thought about being a mom since I was a teenager, so I wonder if I'm just wired to want to be pregnant and have a baby lol.

I think 2 will be a good number because they have a buddy and they will be manageable when we go out. My husband works 2nd shift, so it's often just me. I'd run out of hands after 2! :haha:

I could see 3 being more fulfilling in the long run though. I secretly hope I have twins :haha: (If I fall pregnant with 2, I might regret wishing that for a couple years lol)

Im on the fence about num 3.
Ds is nearly 5, dd is 16 months.
But ds needs brain surgery in 6 months ish
So timing not great.
But im nearly 38 and hve had 4 mc.
Took 2.5 yrs to get dd so.......
Still dithering.
Shpyld wait till after surgery and house extension done but I dont want to .
But then I hve times where I think wouldn't life be easier if I stopped now.
Ds has special needs and always will.
Great little dude but needs lots of care.
Rambling myself in circles here
Just like real life.
Haha.
Also no af back cos still bf dd
But think.im ov or trying to anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel