Nurofen for children

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Just wondered what your experiences with it are?

Took maddi back to the doctor today as she is yet again poorly :cry: she has been completely off her bottles and her lunch today and has been so so so sick. the doctor said its a mixture of everything - her teeth, a tummy bug and her cough :cry: Bless her my poorly princess.

The doctor said to continue with the capol and bongela but also recommended nurofen children, she said its excellent, just like to no what you all think :blush:

I was so pleased with my lovely gp, she's so fab and finally back from maternity leave :happydance:

When we've given it to Morgan for her teething pain, it seemed to do bugger all, but Calpol seemed to really help.

However, when she was ill recently with the nasty cough, cold and sinus infection, the Nurofen REALLY helped her a lot (whereas the Calpol did naff all?!)

It's an anti-inflammatory painkiller, so works a bit differently to Calpol. If she's really suffering, you can give both together, but best to stagger the doses so that she gets a more constant level of pain relief... ie: Calpol at 8am, Nurofen at 10am, Calpol at 12pm etc... depending on how often and how many doses of each you normally give her.

I say give it a go... and I really hope the little chick feels better soon.
:hug:

When we've given it to Morgan for her teething pain, it seemed to do bugger all, but Calpol seemed to really help.

However, when she was ill recently with the nasty cough, cold and sinus infection, the Nurofen REALLY helped her a lot (whereas the Calpol did naff all?!)

It's an anti-inflammatory painkiller, so works a bit differently to Calpol. If she's really suffering, you can give both together, but best to stagger the doses so that she gets a more constant level of pain relief... ie: Calpol at 8am, Nurofen at 10am, Calpol at 12pm etc... depending on how often and how many doses of each you normally give her.

I say give it a go... and I really hope the little chick feels better soon.
thank you tabs thats soooooooooooooo helpful!! the doc said about it helping with her swollen gums which is good. great to no how you did it too, with the staggering of doses, thanks again honey

oo this stuff sounds good! I might pick some up tomorrow.

I read it's more effective than paracetamol too. Alasdair's teething is awful at the moment so hopefully it'll help and I think it'll be a good additon to the medicine cabinet!

Hope it helps poor Maddi.

I read it's more effective than paracetamol too. Alasdair's teething is awful at the moment so hopefully it'll help and I think it'll be a good additon to the medicine cabinet!

Hope it helps poor Maddi.

:hugs: for Alasdair, hope his teeth feel better soon :hugs: x

It is great for lowering temp and you can use it with calpol as its a diff type of painkiller, but always make sure she has something in her tummy as it is very irritant and can strip the tummy lining! x

My two have both used this, and for teething pain it seemed much better than calpol with mine. It also tastes much better, so once they're a bit older its not so much of a battle of wills. It's really handy being able to use both the calpol and nurofen together as well for when they're really bad. Hope she feels better soon
Sarah x

I continued to use and will use with baby #2 medised despite the 'new rule'. Its never been used much ...imo only need common sense.

Hope she picks up soon.

I think Calpol is naff & sorry no experience with Nurofen x

I tend to use Nurofen, seems to work better. And as Tabs said, when things get really bad you are able to use them both together. Only had to do this once though xx

Calprofen has been a godsend throughout tom's first teeth cutting. It seems to work quickly and when calpol wasnt good enough (tom had bad flu), I can give him calpol every four hours and calprofen three times a day and it was wonderful!

Plus, calpol has been linked to asthma, so it is not wise to use it too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->