Nursery decor for a boy

Rach276

Reaction score
I have no idea how to decorate my little boys room! Any ideas and themes would be much appreciated!

we decided on a safari theme.. it could basically be boy or girl, but it's just so cute i love the set!

You could go for a theme, like animals, cars/trucks, space etc. Or go for nice calming, neutral colours like green, cream, soft browns etc. It's up to you.

Your LO won't truly appreciate the decor for many years and by then will have his own preferences depending on what gender he chooses when he is four or so years old. He might want a bright pink room then :winkwink:

We are going for the sports theme :) Since we are Huge Football Fans :)

Wer are doing a jungle/safari theme as well. We started the room before we knew Rian was a girl but it can work for either sex. I just love the theme. I made some art work that is kind of more girlie colors but still jungle related.

With my son, I did a jungle theme. This time, as the room was already painted a lovely soft green, I'm sticking to that as I don't have the time or inclination to paint! And because I've got a surplus of teddy bears, and his furniture is all pine coloured, it'll be easy and cheap to do a teddy bear theme. When he's older, we'll change it to something to suit his personality :)

were a bit stuck as well cos were not finding out the sex of the baby. i think were going to paint a soft green colour and then either do pink accents or blue accents when the baby is born. Most likely will go with some sort of baby animal theme i think. definately going to be very babyish- i figure im only going to get a few years of that sort of theme before he/she wants their own theme.

I say you can do whatever you want. You don't have to stick with the traditional gender-specific motifs. You could make a relaxing room, spa style.

Like most of the people above, I did the animal/jungle theme. Now that he's 13 months old, I'm slowly switching him to his big boy theme of Cars. I have the window decals, bedding, and infant pull-out couch so far LOL I've also bought models of the cars from the movie that I'm going to paint myself for him :)

If I have a boy I think we are going to do the Dallas Cowboys theme. My husband loves them, and I thought the navy blues, greys, and stars would be nice for a boy but not too much. Also, what is a boys room w/o footballs, LOL

We're just leaving the room exactly as it is now as it's not like the baby is going to know or care about a colour scheme or theme! It's just plain cream walls, cream blackout blind and pale green carpet.
I'm glad now when we bought the house that we went for a neutral colour carpet in the spare room as with the amount we spent on it we wouldn't be changing it!!

Apparently babies like black and white images, andfaces, so I am buying some monkey /jungle wall decorations. I don't know whether the baby is a girl or a boy but most people assume it's a boy cus I like monkeys and this somehow means boy :/

Apparently babies like black and white images, andfaces, so I am buying some monkey /jungle wall decorations. I don't know whether the baby is a girl or a boy but most people assume it's a boy cus I like monkeys and this somehow means boy :/

Then you must be a boy yourself Bean! :shock: You need to get into a medical journal asap as you are clearly pregnant also :rofl:

People can be so funny about assuming gender preferences, especially as babies don't have a gender yet!

underwater scene u can buy sticker sets and u just paint the background blue and the bottom asthough its sand looks lovely

Then you must be a boy yourself Bean! :shock: You need to get into a medical journal asap as you are clearly pregnant also :rofl:

People can be so funny about assuming gender preferences, especially as babies don't have a gender yet!

No noes! that explains the channel 4 documentary team following me about eh?? :rofl: I'm pretty sure my OH is the maternal one, he's always trying to steal other peoples babies. We are not very gender stereotype in this house :D Though mothercares little munkie-suit beeped up as 'boys monkey playsuit'- why?

these are the stickers I am getting :D
https://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=BL-300WJ

Oooo I love the idea of stickers, gives you loads of freedom. Cannot wait to get started on this!

i chose those ones because they are peel of and re stickable. Here's a link for people in the uk that might be intrestedx
https://www.supernice.co.uk/section.php/14/re-stik

No noes! that explains the channel 4 documentary team following me about eh?? :rofl: I'm pretty sure my OH is the maternal one, he's always trying to steal other peoples babies. We are not very gender stereotype in this house :D Though mothercares little munkie-suit beeped up as 'boys monkey playsuit'- why?

these are the stickers I am getting :D
https://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=BL-300WJ

:rofl: you crack me up :rofl:

Those stickers are well funky! I definitely don't see why a girl wouldn't look gorgeous in a monkey playsuit!

My mum bought some blue (all she could find) 0-3 month trousers to get an idea of leg length for her knitting. She keeps apologising in case they are no use if we have a girl and I'm like "Don't be daft! Girls can wear blue too!"

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...3/3|cat_10199770|Nursery+bedding|10199777.htm
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...3/3|cat_10199770|Nursery+bedding|10199777.htm

These are stickers... https://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-3967.aspx

:rofl: you crack me up :rofl:

Those stickers are well funky! I definitely don't see why a girl wouldn't look gorgeous in a monkey playsuit!

My mum bought some blue (all she could find) 0-3 month trousers to get an idea of leg length for her knitting. She keeps apologising in case they are no use if we have a girl and I'm like "Don't be daft! Girls can wear blue too!"

REally? They can wear blue? But I thought they grew willies if you didn't dress em in 100% pink :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->