nursery furniture

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
Those who have bought their nursery furniture, just wondering where you all bought it from and a rough cost. I have been looking today and all the nice stuff seems soo expensive

x

Yeah We couldnt afford to buy brand new so we ended up getting it most of the stuff second hand. The cot cost me £60 and i bought a new mattress for it! But it is a nice one and they retail at about £200 so I got a good bargain. I just bought the wardrobe and chest of drawyers from our local second hand shop.. I would of love to have gone brand new on everything but our finances are that great at the minute. x

The only thing I got new was a change table and that was a gift at my shower. I was given the crib, bought new mattress obviously. Bought a glider chair second hand (really nice). Already had an extra dresser. I spent maybe $150 CAD - lol.

Not that this will really help you, cause i live in Canada, but i found the manufacturers site and ordered this dresser/change table. I figured it was an ok deal cause the change table part comes off so it will be the forever dresser for baby. ( was on sale for 189.99 when I got it)
https://www.southshorefurnituredirect.com/South-Shore-3277-333-TH1853.html

I got a crib from Sears that becomes a toddler bed, then a double bed headboard, so again it will stay for a long time. (was $229.99 when I got it) https://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001MY0RVA/ref=sc_pgp_c_7_2_396450011_m_A10FHFRJZ0GJG3_2/190-3118499-9470904?ie=UTF8&n=396450011&s=&searsBrand=core&v=glance

and i got this glider... ok so i didn't really save much money lol
https://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001KPGT4U/sr=1-0/qid=1238966588/ref=sr_1_0/190-3118499-9470904?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=397724011

and a small shelf from walmart to put the lamp and stuffies on...

We have been given a Cotbed from my SIL which is lovely in terms of furniture we have 2 wardrobes in our bedroom and we dont use both so one will go in baby's room and i think we may buy a normal set of drawers... I couldnt believe the price of furniture i think it would be better to buy normal adult furniture.. x

hi hun, i chose what i wanted and then shopped around, i got my cotbed from an ebay shop and my changing table from ebay too...if you can spend time looking, you will find some more reasonable priced things :D xx

I had the cot bought by my father in law and his wife, the playpen/travel cot by my mother in law, the moses basket was given to me by a work colleague, my baby bath and rocker were given to me by a work colleague, I got the playnest from ebay and all clothing and equipment was second hand or given to me!

i got cot from babies r us for £90 and the rest from ikea. we are lucky that we have massive fitted wardrobes in the bedroom (they don't look too nice tho but have masses of stargage so i can't get rid of em).

we got a rocker type chair from ikea for about £40 and spent about £80 on a chest of drawers that was just plain untreated wood, and we have painted it too match the walls, then painted each drawer a different really bright colour! I LOVE it!!!! we have just added a little tray bit on top for the changing mat.

we have also made a little shelf unit by working out how big we wanted it and buying a sheet of mdf at b+q, if work out all the measurements properly and take them with you you can get them to cut all the peices for you then just drill it and screw it together at home like flatpack, then paint it. it worked out so much cheaper then buying something off the shelf and you get something the exact size you want.

I got a whole set from argos for £399 (cot, under cot drawer, set of drawers, changer top and wardrobe)

babies r us & mothercare seem to have some good deals on at the min??

xx

Hi,

We've found Kiddicare brilliant. We only live down the road from the superstore so it is easy for us to check out their stuff face to face. All the items are good quality.

We got the East Coast Country cotbed in Antique for £139 and it is beautiful, practical and sturdy. We got the Maxi Cosy Streety by BebeConfort pushchair system for £192, again it's brilliant and cheaper than many other places. We have also bought various bedding items and they are all great.

I would not reccommend preciouslittleones - we ordered from them and they sent us a poorly wrapped and broken cot and were terrible about fixing the problem.

Hope you find what you need!

I got everything from Ikea. My cot and a chest of drawers with changing top only cost me £150. Im really impressed with it.

I got everything from Ikea. My cot and a chest of drawers with changing top only cost me £150. Im really impressed with it.

Yep we're going for the same, they also sell extendable beds in the same range for when baby goes into a bed. It's very reasonable and good quality

We got our changing table and bath in one from the Mamas & Papas outlet store in Huddersfield. Aside from that I just got a normal Argos chest of drawers, think it was £85 but we had some gift cards from the wedding, and a corner shelf unit for ornaments or keepsakes. We're splashing out £180 on the cotbed from Babies R Us because it's something I felt I'd rather spend a bit extra on to make sure it was alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->