Nursery furniture

LoveCakes

Reaction score
I'm starting to look at nursery furniture and while there are some beautiful sets I'm wondering if the 3 drawer unit and wardrobe with 1 or 2 rails will be enough?

My friend parceled her baby's clothes up into boxes by size which was a good idea but I'm looking more at adult wardrobes etc... for practicality.

Any advice from second (or more) time mums?

I have a nursery set from Ikea - one wardrobe which takes adult-sized hangers with two rails and a drawer, and a two drawer dresser with a cot changing top. It's been all I've needed from he was born until now (he's just turned two). I have a blanket box which matches the set for bedding, blankets, pillow etc and that's it. Oh I do have a large plastic tub that I use to store bigger clothes that he's not grown into yet which sits on top of the wardrobe and I do pack away clothes that he's outgrown but honestly I don't know why I'd need more furniture.

DS is moving into his big room next week and I'm reusing this all again for our new LO, so it's been a good investment.

I forgot to add that the dresser also has two boxes under the changer instead of a third drawer- so I store wipes and nappies there too so clothes and nappies are all to hand after baths and changes.

I used a chest of drawers and used the top as a changing table, then i used a few tubs for under the cot to store and other essentials. Thats all we needed until they were in their own rooms. I didnt see the point in a wardrobe as Ive never hung up baby grows lol

Ah that's good to hear. My friend had boxes and boxes she must have gotten loads of presents or bought loads!

I don't see the point of a wardrobe either, at least not one with only 1 rail, I was thinking of something with lots of drawers.

I think drawers are much better. And tubs as you can stack them up. Also its easier when it comes to moving things about the place. Plus you can reuse them whereas wardrobes are quite clumsy things!!
I always have a changing tub downstairs with a few changes of clothes in aswell to save running around the house all the time!

I'm a FTM too, our nursery has a chest of drawers for all the clothes, there is a cupboard built into the wall where we're storing bedding, blankets, nappies and wipes.

A chair in the corner and a low table with a drawer next to it containing the changing mat and a small supply of nappy changing stuff.

DD has the Ikea mammut wardrobe and drawers, I reckon i'll buy the same ones for this baby too when we find out the gender. I've been happy with the quality of DD's and think they look quite funky :flower:

I had a changing table with 2 massive shelves underneath. I just got 4 big baskets, filled one with nappies and wipes etc, and the rest for clothes.
When he got too big for changing table (around 12m), got an adult chest of drawers. Other than that 2 stacking boxes for blankets and too big clothes.

Cheap and worked out perfectly for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->