Nursery Rant

I would be livid too and I would speak to the manager. You cant spoil a 5 month old baby :grr: really interested to hear how you get on :hugs: xx

Well saw the manager and she was not happy. She pulled the girl into the office while I was there, who said as soon as it came out of her mouth she knew she'd said the wrong thing but what she meant was the girls in the baby room are spoiling him by picking him up all the time and that she meant it in a jokey way, not in any way to criticise my parenting.

She got really upset and was mortified that she had offended me.

She then asked if she could take me into the baby room so she could show me that she had asked the girls to put him in a bouncer type thing instead of having him on their knee constantly as he will start to get used to being on someone's knee. She said she knows he isn't spoiled and he is a very happy baby and she knows she was 100% in the wrong.

The manager asked the girl to leave and asked me if I wanted to take it further or was I happy with what had been said which to be fair I am, she then told me I would have a written apology both from the girl and from herself on behalf of the nursery when I bring him in tomorrow morning and her personal assurance that nothing like this would ever happen again.

Thank you everyone for your support and advice xx

Thats shocking I work in a nursery and wouldnt dream of saying that to a parent. I would make a complaint to the manager and mention who it was. I doubt she would lose her job would just get a smack on the hands and get told to watch what shes saying. I would certainly be pissed off if someone said that to me about my son. Hope u get it sorted x

That comment would have made my blood boil too. It's totally out of order. I'd ring the manager if you are happy to do so - although I'm such a wimp about these things though that i'd probably just seethe inwardly for a while instead!

Pfft no wonder you were annoyed! But sounds like it was very well-handled; the way the manager dealt with it would have given me a lot of confidence in the nursery so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining! And from the sounds of things the girl just said the wrong thing rather than actively being snotty about your parenting. You defo did the right thing speaking to the manager and getting it sorted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->