Nursery Rant

cw1975

Mummy to Archie
Reaction score
When I picked Archie up from nursery yesterday, one of the girls (who doesn't look after him, she's from the toddler room) told me that he'd been crying to be picked up all day and that he was starting to get spoiled. I was a bit shocked because he's not like that at home, and told her so, then I took him home.

Now the more I thought about it the more angry I am... who the hell is she to tell me my baby is spoiled?? My blood is literally boiling over it. I'm going to pick him up at half four and I don't know whether to pull this girl to one side and have a word with her about what she said, or whether to ask the manager (without mentioning who it was, I don't want her to lose her job over it) does she think its acceptable for me to be told my baby is spoiled.

I know I'm angry and don't want to go about it the wrong way - or am I overreacting :growlmad:

Id just have a word with the manager tell them who said it so they can talk to them about it

He's 5 months old for ffs. Maybe she should stick to the toddler room where she belongs. I'd pull her over the coals tbh xox

He's 5 months old for ffs. Maybe she should stick to the toddler room where she belongs. I'd pull her over the coals tbh xox

Yesterday when she said it I just thought well he doesn't cry to be picked up at home.... but when I was driving home it dawned on me and I thought who the hell is she to tell me my baby is spoiled - he's not spoiled and even if he was, I pay them to look after him and help him develop - not make bitchy comments about him.

I'l livid and the more I think about it - the more I want to wipe the floor with her!!!!

I would be telling the manager for sure. I wouldn't want someone with that attitude looking after my toddler, let alone baby

Yesterday when she said it I just thought well he doesn't cry to be picked up at home.... but when I was driving home it dawned on me and I thought who the hell is she to tell me my baby is spoiled - he's not spoiled and even if he was, I pay them to look after him and help him develop - not make bitchy comments about him.

I'l livid and the more I think about it - the more I want to wipe the floor with her!!!!

Seen as she said that id be worried that they arent picking him up when he cries because they think he is "spoilt" xox

If it was me i would def say something to someone senior to her!!xx

Seen as she said that id be worried that they arent picking him up when he cries because they think he is "spoilt" xox

Thats whats been going through my head all day - and I've wound myself up ten times worse thinking about it

I think the comment is really out of order too. I would do as the others really and speak to a manager about it and tell them that you have genuine concerns over this. I would be worried too as your baby is so young and its not spoiling him picking up (in my opinion)
The point is, even if he was 'spoiled' which I know hes not its got nothing to do with her, you didnt ask for her opinion! xx

I would be raging. You pay her wages so she should just be doing her job, not passing judgement.

I would be telling the manager and be telling the manager who it is, i would also tell her room leader.

Little cow!

I'm going to see the manager, if I don't I'll end up ranting at her like a lunatic in front of all the kids when I pick him up.

Thanks girls xxxx

I would speak to the senior most person at the nursery clearly there is a training issue here. The fact that she didn't think that maybe the child's need to be picked up could be due to physical or emotional discomfort is very worrying to me. These staff are supposed to hold some relevant childcare qualifications and I would ask for assurances that they have these for every member of staff. I hope I dont sound extreme but her attitude is really worrying for someone working with children.

I would speak to the senior most person at the nursery clearly there is a training issue here. The fact that she didn't think that maybe the child's need to be picked up could be due to physical or emotional discomfort is very worrying to me. These staff are supposed to hold some relevant childcare qualifications and I would ask for assurances that they have these for every member of staff. I hope I dont sound extreme but her attitude is really worrying for someone working with children.

What winds me up more is he had a reaction to penicillin over the weekend and we ended up in Alder Hey all day Saturday. I took Monday off work because it was still coming out of his system, he still had the rash and diarrhoea but was fine in himself, I checked with the nursery that they were happy for me to put him in on Tuesday and the people in charge said to bring him in. The girls in the baby room were all aware of this - but this one must have heard him being a bit whingey and not himself and decided it must be cos he's spoiled.

Let you know later or tomorrow how I get on xxx

Definitely speak to the manager! That would irritate the hell out of me if that happened to me.

thats awful. how can a 5 month old baby be spoilt :s..
its got f all to with her you pay her to look after him not to criticise your parenting.
cheeky little moo.
id be fuming, im fuming for you !!
deffo tell the manager what she said and who said it.

<3

I would be upset too but keep in mind that she is not normally in the room, so perhaps she does not know that it is normal and appropriate behavior for that age. Most times these girls do not have children of their own but still think they know everything. :haha: (I worked with quite a few of these!)

I would have a word with the manager and just be thankful she is not your LO's normal provider. :hugs:

thats an un professional comment, if LO is crying theres a good reason for it and shouldnt be ignored, passing judgement is un called for especially seeing shes not the immediate caregiver.

Yep, definitely tell the manager, that sort of comment is out of order! she has no right to say anything like that!

When I picked Archie up from nursery yesterday, one of the girls (who doesn't look after him, she's from the toddler room) told me that he'd been crying to be picked up all day and that he was starting to get spoiled. I was a bit shocked because he's not like that at home, and told her so, then I took him home.

Now the more I thought about it the more angry I am... who the hell is she to tell me my baby is spoiled?? My blood is literally boiling over it. I'm going to pick him up at half four and I don't know whether to pull this girl to one side and have a word with her about what she said, or whether to ask the manager (without mentioning who it was, I don't want her to lose her job over it) does she think its acceptable for me to be told my baby is spoiled.

I know I'm angry and don't want to go about it the wrong way - or am I overreacting :growlmad:

A 5 month old cannot be spoilt!! Someone with that attitude & ignorance should not be working with children. If I were you I would be having a word with the intention of her loosing her job.

I'm so mad for you!!:growlmad:

not thats bad if i may ask hun what nursey was this pm me if u dont want to post it on here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->