Nursing and dieting.

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
I am not sure how much I can diet with being a nursing mom?
Any advise?

I didn't start cutting back my calories until my son was at least 3 months old. I think it's best to have your milk supply established and have no problems with it.

You need at least 500 extra calories per day for breastfeeding. So... work out what you're eating calorie wise now and cut it back probably 2-300 cals per day, and I'm sure you'll see the weight come right off! :)

:hugs: Best of luck!

I think I eat about 1200 now. So I am not sure if I can go down in calories

You can't go down less than 1200 calories if you're not nursing, because your body goes into starvation mode.

Maybe if you're eating 1200 calories now, you should up it, because your body is probably "starving" so to speak trying to supply you with cals and enough to make milk for your baby.

:) I'm at 1700 calories right now as I'm breastfeeding and have just added the 500 extra that I need to the 1200 minimum you require to give your own body good nutrition.

:hugs: Hopefully this info helps.

My doctor told me that would be good amount of Calories. my milk is coming like crazyy! almost too much. and she is gaining weight very well. If I eat more calories i might explode!

You should never go below 1700 when breastfeeding. I had oversupply in the beginning too but it sorted itself out by about 3 months, just to be upped again thanks to the growth spurts. I stuck to 1700 calories and often found myself so hungry I just binged and I lost 4 stone. I find if I cycle between 1700 and 2000 throughout the week depending how active I am each day I easily lose 1-2lbs a week.

There is no way I can eat that much! I signed up for a gym today
Tomorrow I go for my health assessment and all that stuff.
Also I asked to make an app with there nutritionist so She will tell me what to eat
and how many calories. So I hope it goes well!

It's actually easy to eat that much, just drink an extra glass of milk with breakfast, or juice or something throughout the day, it all adds up quickly! :)

But good luck with the Dr appointment and nutritionist consult. :thumbup:

true! With all the milk i drink i must take in like 500 worth of milk.
I am just not a big eater. I am exctied to talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->