Nursing bra sizes

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
I posted a thread in breastfeeding about nursing bras https://www.babyandbump.com/breast-bottle-feeding/60268-nursing-bra-sizes.html

No-one's answered yet and I think we all know how impatient a pregnant woman I am so thought I'd link it here for anyone who has had kids before!

Thanks!

Hey

Not sure if this helps but when I got measured last time for a bra she told me to come back at 37 weeks to get measured again for nursing bra if I was planning to breastfeed. x

I got measured at a maternity store around 37 weeks and normally I'm a 34D and the girl told me to buy 36D so I'd have room when my milk came in. Not sure if that helps...

This is what's been said in the other room now. But that doesn't help me get a bra now! :dohh:

You cant really tell at your stage hun - you could change quite a lot in the next 7-10 weeks. Even 4 weeks before is too soon TBH if this is your first. I've had mine for a few weeks now but I'm also going by what happened with my first. M&S do a nursing measuring service - they look at how you are carrying your extra weight etc. I'm a 36D normally, 36E now and got 36F nursing bras for the mo.

Sorry if thats not helpful!x

Oh and your bump needs to drop first too from what the lady in M&S said.

Why dont you just buy some cheapo soft bras from Matalan or somewhere similiar? Even ebay??

x

hiya

I got remeasured in Bravissimo last week and in there they had a sign saying that you shouldn't get measured for your nursing bra until 2 weeks before giving birth.

It's a pest, but you'll probably need a couple of different bras between falling pg and getting to nursing stage :D

Boo... You're all saying the same! I don't know I can find a suitable soft bra in a 34F!!

I just went to Walmart and bought a pack of 3 sports bras for like 12 dollars in a large (I'm the same size as you). Not a lot out of my pocket, and they're comfy as hell. I have to wear two though at a time for support.

lol Here's what I cane xpect to buy here: https://www.figleaves.com/uk/produc...mci=&size=34f&colour=&image=r97-p148204-front
:rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, this seems to be my best option https://www.undercoverexperience.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=391 Does that look ok? Never had a soft cup as I've always been too big. All the sports bras are expensive and most soft cups (sports included) tend to be boob mergers and I don't want to be sweaty boob lady sitting about stinking every evening!

I just don't go anywhere that I could get cheap bras. I don't know anywhere to go anyway...

I'm leaving it until after bean is born cos i've gone up from a 30/32 to a 36/38 so i think i will wait and see cos i cant see a change happening in the next few days. Am just making do with sports bras...sooooo comfy!!

Check these for soft cups and nursing bras

https://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/soft-cup-bras

https://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/nursing-bras

The support won't be the same as underwired for us larger ladies and unfortunately cheap isn't an option either

Some of these are better than others, I'd give them a call if there's not a shop near you. They're really helpful and will be able to advise on which ones give better support and keep your boobs separate.

Hope you find something x

I bought these....

https://www.laredoute.co.uk/style/c...d=V387&CompanyId=R&Path=2/10986/10993&source=

I'm a 34F too :D worn soft bras all the way through.

Mel x

Surely you have a Matalan or an In Store/Poundstretcher type place in/near your town???? When my sister had my nephew she just wanted soft bras to wear as she was bottle feeding. I got them for like £2 each!!! Then you can just bin them!!

Even M&S will have a soft cup bras in 2 pack boxes for £15/20.

Surely you have a Matalan or an In Store/Poundstretcher type place in/near your town???? When my sister had my nephew she just wanted soft bras to wear as she was bottle feeding. I got them for like £2 each!!! Then you can just bin them!!

I don't know if/where there is! I honestly don't shop! I almost never buy clothes and I also rarely go into town to shop. There will be something somewhere but then there'll have be a special trip and I'll feel sick for two days a consequence and it will waste a day with my DH so I just won't end up doing it. The M&S near me is totally shit and has the worst selection of bras ever, looked there before when I first needed a bigger bra. I'd have to go into Manchester to go to a good M&S. I know I sound like an idiot, I'm just hugely held back at the moment with the eternal nausea. I work from home most days because I can't manage public transport.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and links. At least I know not to bother with a nursing bra yet so I'll just get whatever I can find that suits what I want to be wearing at the moment.

Did no-one look at the Doreen link? ;) lol

I got measured at a maternity store around 37 weeks and normally I'm a 34D and the girl told me to buy 36D so I'd have room when my milk came in. Not sure if that helps...

:hissy::hissy::hissy:that makes me so mad.....why are people giving such bad advice out????:dohh::dohh::dohh:
That's rubbish advice babe coz it's your cup size that will definitely go up not your back size (which actually may go down when you've given birth:dohh:). Which bloody stupid maternity store was that?

I've done some Breastmates training and also worked in a lingerie dept (a long time ago) and have breastfed 3 times. I promise that your cup size will increase.

Get fitted just before you're due and leave some cup space but only buy one or two and then buy more once you've been feeding for a couple of weeks which will give your boobies time to settle down a bit:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->