Nursing chair, yes or no?

Loobylola

Reaction score
Hiya,

I wasnt goint to get one of these, but my SIL just said that she had one and she thought it was a good idea to get one.

What do you think, is it a good buy or not really worth it?

x

I think it's all down to personal preference to be honest, and the size of your nursery, as they're not small. During the day I don't plan on going upstairs just to feed, and at night, the first 6-9 months baby will be in with us and I can feed her in bed. I wouldn't want to have to get up and take her into the nursery just to feed, and a nursing chair won't fit in our room with her crib. For me, it's a waste of space and money, but all down to the individual. x

I got one for my living room and still use it with DD (using it right now to nurse while I BnB). My favorite spot lol, and everyone knows it's MY chair :)

I used mine alot, the rocking motion used to get LO to sleep also I fed him sitting in it. I loved it, would definitely get one unless the room is too small as like a pp said they're quite big. They're always on eBay for cheap if you don't want to splash out without knowing whether you'll use it. But yeah I wouldn't be without mine

We have one that was given by my SIL when I was pregnant before, I doubt I would have bought one myself but we have used it ALOT. It's so handy to have during the night. I didn't use it specifically for feeding as I just fed LO wherever was convenient at the time but it was still great for comfort during the night in the nursery if she got up etc. xx

We had latching problems for a while in the beginning and I think the chair was an essential part in use getting it right in the end. I absolutely love the thing!! It's beside LO's bed now and used for bedtime stories but it'll come back down to the living room once baby 2 is born. They are so comfortable and especially if you spend a lot of time feeding LO, you'll want somewhere comfy to sit.

I wouldnt only because i couldnt go to it everytime i need to feed, i have another LO to take care of. I think i will just end up feeding anywhere and everywhere :lol:

My FIL bought one as a gift for me with my first....I really didnt think I needed you but my god it was a total lifesaver! My DD was a terrible sleeper & theres many a night myself or DH slept in the chair with her just to get some rest!

It all depends on you and your baby and the routine you want. If you're planning on co-sleeping, a nursing chair isn't going to do you much good, or even if the plan is to have a bassinet in the same room at first.

For me, baby will be going into crib in nursery right away, so I really want a nice glider with a foot stool.

It all depends on you and your baby and the routine you want. If you're planning on co-sleeping, a nursing chair isn't going to do you much good, or even if the plan is to have a bassinet in the same room at first.

For me, baby will be going into crib in nursery right away, so I really want a nice glider with a foot stool.

I sort of disagree with the first bit, my LO was in our room for the first 5 months or so but I still took him into the nursery at night so as not to wake hubby. I also fed him in the nursery before naps as I tried (unsuccessfully) to get him to nap in his cot. So it was useful for me even though his crib was in our room

Thanks Ladies, think im going to leave it for now and see how we go as planned. x

I sort of disagree with the first bit, my LO was in our room for the first 5 months or so but I still took him into the nursery at night so as not to wake hubby. I also fed him in the nursery before naps as I tried (unsuccessfully) to get him to nap in his cot. So it was useful for me even though his crib was in our room

I'm planning on doing the same (using the chair overnight so as not to wake OH)

I probably wouldn't have bought it myself but my mum is buying me one so it'll go in LO's room at first and then it will go in the lounge (we picked one that will match the furniture in the lounge)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->