Nursing through pregnancy - experiences?

Larkspur

Reaction score
I'm about six weeks pregnant, and I have a one-year-old. I conceived while still nursing frequently (4 or more times a day, and 2-3 at night).

I don't especially want to wean my LO, though I understand I'm probably going to get a supply dip that might cause him to wean, and I'd be lying if I said the idea that he might at least night-wean didn't appeal at all.

I've started to introduce sips of cow's milk with meals in the last couple of days, but he's not super-keen. I think it will just take a little while to adjust, so I'm not worried at all, as I'm introducing it as a backup, not because I'm deliberately trying to wean.

What were your experiences with nursing through pregnancy? Did you lose/dip your supply? When did that happen? What did you switch to (how old was your baby)? Any tips for medication-free ways to continue nursing without weaning through pregnancy?

Thanks!

Congratulations! Im also breastfeeding and pregnant. Supply is already quite reduced and LO refuses anything else but water. I'm a little panicky as she's only eight months.
I have no advice, except to check out this sticky which has heaps of info...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ing-information-support-147.html#post29254767

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juubee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->