Nutriprem 2 formula

gemlou86

Reaction score
Hi all

Are any of your babies on cow and gate nutriprem 2 and does it make them grumpy? My little boy was on breast milk up to 16 weeks old but once we got home I was unable to express as often so nutriprem was prescribed and breast milk had been slowly reduced. Seems the more formular he gets the more grumpy he becomes, I would prefer the sma preterm formula but the doc would not change it :-( xxxx

Our little boy was switched from EBM with fortifier to NutriPrem2 at six months corrected, I can't say that I noticed that he became grumpier as a result of the change. Sorry!

My lo had this and she was awful on it. She was born at 37 weeks, so technically not prem but only weighed 4lb 7oz. She would only take about 2 ounces and would appear in pain afterwards. I've just changed to the aptimal comfort milk and she's much better. My consultant prob won't be happy though!! X

My LO was born at 27+5. I got her to 39+6 on breast milk before i had to change to formula due to very low milk amounts. The Dr's prescribed Nutriprem 2 & she has always been fine on it. She struggled for the 1st day or 2 but has now been on it for about 6 weeks & is totally fine.

What I did find is that the bottle/teat used affected her feed greatly. For the 1st few weeks I used the cheapest bottles & teats I could find (pound shop ones were great) & have now slowly moved onto the Tommee Tippee Bottles but with the 0+ Variflow teats rather than the normal 0+ teats. What I found is she was getting too much air with normal baby teats & this caused her to have so much wind she wouldn't eat & curled up in pain.

my little man had to have a couple of bottles a day alongside breastfeeding, just to fatten him up a bit, he had sevre reflux after starting it and screamed constantly. No one thought that the formula cud be the fault...eventually i stopped the formula and had a different baby! he never cries now! i never wanted formula anyway, they wudnt let me take him homw until he had some tho :(

Amelia was fine after she got used to it. We had about a week of pain and her sats goign right down when she first switched x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->