Nuts?

daneuse27

Reaction score
Just wonder when you started or will start giving your child(ren) nuts?

My daughter is 14 months and just had a little peanut butter for the first time today. Previously, she's also had walnuts in cookies that I made. I know that nuts are risky in terms of allergies, so hopefully she has no reaction.

I've been giving my lo peanut butter since 6 months old. Research (at least here in the UK) says as long as you have no family history of allergies go for it over six months.

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-baby.aspx

^wss. Obviously I haven't given my LO whole nuts to eat but he's had smooth peanut butter.

We've been doing nut and seed butters since 6 months. I'm not sure when you should actually give them whole nuts though, but I think it's usually not before 2 years or later? Just because of the choking hazard. I think as far as allergies the current belief is that from 6 months is ideal if there are no food allergies in your family, as there is some belief that withholding exposure to nuts is actually one of the reasons kids are more likely to get an allergy.

We gave peanut butter from 6 months.

I have not yet (he's 7 months) but I keep meaning to buy peanut butter to try!

I think i would have only been reluctant to try peanut butter if we had a nut allergy on my or my husband's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->