Nyquil

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Safe or no? I have read mixed reviews. My gyn said once in a blue moon is ok. I only got 3 hours of sleep and I'm so miserable. The other cold medicines, Tylenol cold included, have that phenylephrine or whatever that is not safe. The three active ingredients in nyquil are all cat a: studied no risk known. It's not the severe just the regular. Then I read the alcohol content is not ok. Ughhhh help I need to sleep and so does SO. What do you think?

The problem is I can't remember if she said cold medicines are fine or nyquil is fine. Preggo brain ugh

I don't know hun? I've just had to have a week's worth off parecetomal and cocodamine as I had my wisdom tooth removed. So much conflicting advice. The dentist packed my tooth with a clove packing and all over the Internet was saying not safe for pregnant women but my dentist said it was absolutely fine.
I hated taken any sort of medication I get so worried. X

I take Robitussin when I can't sleep. Knocks me out better than nyquil. Everything I've read says it's safe.

Benedril is considered safe for pregnancy. My OBGYN prefers that over other options. I would definitely stay away from NyQuil. In some places you have to be 21 to buy it because of alcohol content. But double check with your doc to be sure!

My OBGYN allows Benadryl and Unisom, not Nyquil.

Yeah nyquil is 10% alcohol but considering alcohol is actually safer than most people are led to believe... if that's the reason I'm not worried. I took the smallest of sips, the same I take when SO wants me to taste a beer and fell right asleep. Unfortunately, I'm still congested. Throat feels a lot better though. I had a dentist appointment but I can't breathe out of my nose so so much for that r_r. I'll try something else today. I also read Robitussen is safe, but when I found it in store it had a warning for preggos and an active ingredient on the not ok like so I was confused. I checked each variation

Just to update, I got off the phone with the advice nurse since my snot turned super yellow this morning. She said I can take things like Tylenol (duh), some cough thing I have never heard of Dexmil?, Sudafed or nasal spray for congestion, and cough drops. Idk. Ugh. I'm not fond of taking sudafed when I have to drive across the bay and a bridge =/

It's the alcohol content. All the active ingredients are safe. So it's up to you if one shall dose of NyQuil is a risk. But considering a glass of wine is proven to be safe these days I'm not stressed about it. Would I take it habitually? Nah. But it is nice now to have a list of approved non alcoholic meds. Thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->