O/T Anyone study full time with LO(s)?

LM2104

Reaction score
I have just got offered an interview for a BA(Hons) English course a local college for mature students (im 25).

I really want to do the course as I want to qualify to be a teacher and give my kids a good life but Im scared about how I will manage studying full time when my girls will be 3 and 9 months.

Anyone else doing this? Give me some success stories for inspiration please!!

ME!!!

I'm in my third year with a 6 month old!
I'm only in 3 days a week but that's the easier bit, it's trying to fit in the out of class learning that's hard but it is doable.
It's hard sometimes, but as long as you remember what you remember what you gain at the end of it it's worthwhile.
Since having my daughter, and when I was pregnant, my grades have drastically improved since the first year.
Yes, it probably would have been easier to do it without a child but by passing my degree I get to have the job of my dreams and give my daughter the best that I can xx

Im hoping so im currently doing a BA Hons English and History degree :) x

I'm a student nurse, and by the time I finish my course (next year) I'll have had 2 kids along the way :blush: I'm not going to lie, it's tough at times, but you just really need to manage your time well. I've tended to find that it's the placements which are the toughest areas of the course in terms of having kids, rather than the theory units. So a normal, academic degree with no practical element should be doable, as long as you plan your work :)

Thank you! Well done and good luck to you all!!

Eala, thats why I chose the English degree, with the hope of becoming a teacher at the end of it. I really wanted to midwifery or nursing but decided it would be to hard with the placements and didnt think it would be fair on my girls, but well done to you for doing it, especially while pregnant!

im in the middle of a BA hons in sociology. and then i'll be training as a teacher.
its tough, but my grades has improved since having lyss, cos im more organised and more focused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->