O/T - Melted ice cream..!

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
Well ladies, I'm slightly embarrassed...Got home from doing a big shop, and LO is still asleep so have spent the past half hour on here...(just can't keep away!)

Have just realised I still haven't kept the shopping so went to keep it..and my Ice cream (which I don't normally buy but bought myself as a treat) has started to melt..it's not like liquid but has gone to the consistency of mousse..:dohh::dohh:

I know you shouldn't refreeze melted ice cream but as it hasn't completely melted do you ladies think I can freeze it? I'm really peeved, was looking forward to eating it later but won't if it's risky (I've had salmonella from ice cream before, it was not good) :nope::nope:

I cannot eat ice cream until its slightly melted to the mousse consisteNcy you mentioned. I take it out 10 mins before i wanna tuck in.

I always refreeze....never knew you couldnt, ive never been unwell from it or anything!

Its realy dangerous to refreeze it, icecream is the worst culprit for bacteria and food poisening.
I have to teach food health and safety at work so im always realy concious of food risks.
Bacteria actualy starts to multiply with 15 mins of taking it out of the freezer at the shops so most dont realise theres a high risk of food poisening just by the time they get it home (I know, im a real joy at parties :) )
It is up to you but I wouldnt take the risk.

Smokey...You've ruined my ice-cream experience for life now :lol:

Sorry, wait till I get started on the dangers of reheating rice, its the only bacteria that cant be killed with heat and can be fatal :haha:

Sorry, wait till I get started on the dangers of reheating rice, its the only bacteria that cant be killed with heat and can be fatal :haha:

Oh, oh, is it something to do with the 'Bacillus Cereus' or something or other....My husband went on some food hygiene course at work and bought back all this literature and i used it as toilet reading material :lol:

I remember it mentioned that reheating rice was bad cos of funny word i typed up there :lol:

Oh, oh, is it something to do with the 'Bacillus Cereus' or something or other....My husband went on some food hygiene course at work and bought back all this literature and i used it as toilet reading material :lol:

I remember it mentioned that reheating rice was bad cos of funny word i typed up there :lol:

Also Staphylococcus which can cause skin diseases

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->