O/T There is a false widow spider in bathroom!!!

sueh81

Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
What do I do? I am absolutely petrified! Its got the white skull markings on its back and looks the same as the pictures of them on google!

Do I kill it, if so how???? or just release it outside coz i'll be petrified it will just come back if its released.

Now i'm not into animal cruelty before anyone suggests that but I dont wanna put myself or family at risk of getting bit!!

what do I kill it with? Bleach spray and just spray it to death or squash it with something??? I don't know how quick they are! I've captured it under a jug at the mo.....

id probably leave it under the jug until my husband was home :haha:

Kill the shit out of it.

I'm not into animal cruelty, either, but it's not a ladybug... it's a dangerous spider. Is there someone else (OH or otherwise) around that could kill it for you? You being pregnant and all...

Animal cruelty is one of my biggest hates but it's a choice between your family and the spider. Get the bleach and drown the thing! Oh, pour the bleach, not squirt.

Apparently false widow bites are not dangerous. I would probably just put it outside if I could x

my family all live about 100 miles away from us! Hubby is on a training course today so I think i'll leave it there for him to deal with hahaha! Trouble is i'm too scared to go and have a wee now and i'm desperate lol!! Will it be really bad if I use my LO's potty???? lol!!! x

Apparently false widow bites are not dangerous. I would probably just put it outside if I could x

is that even if you are pregnant?? What if they bite you in the stomach?? x

You do what you've got to do. I sure as hell would not be going in there until it's gone.

EDIT TO ADD: Unless you can be sure which it is, keep away. Some bite, some don't, but most are venomous. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatoda

my family all live about 100 miles away from us! Hubby is on a training course today so I think i'll leave it there for him to deal with hahaha! Trouble is i'm too scared to go and have a wee now and i'm desperate lol!! Will it be really bad if I use my LO's potty???? lol!!! x

lol That's what I would do...

When my husband was in Spain on business there was a HUGE Japanese centipede (like a 5 inch one :X) in our (only) bathroom. He wasn't due home for a few more weeks so I captured it under a soup pot and sprayed disinfectant spray underneath. Then I left the pot there for 2 weeks until hubby came home. Freaked me out EVERY time I went to the bathroom but I just COULDN'T look underneath. When my husband came he took care of it (it was VERY dead).

Threw the pot out as well. I don't feel good about killing it but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm sorry, but it's a spider. And a dangerous one at that. Kill it. Personally, I'd wait for OH to come home and kill it. Or if he is sleeping, I'd wake him up to kill it. If it's under a jug, put something on top of it if you choose to get OH to do it. If you do it, I agree with pp saying to POUR the bleach, don't spray. Then kill it with a shoe just for good measure.

OMG, spiders freak me out. I had to look up that spider though, it's similar to one we have here dangerous wise (Black Widows). I killed one that made itself a home near the bathroom door last month. I couldn't believe that I did that. I put myself at risk. /shudders

Also, I just want to mention that I am against animal cruelty, but spiders I kill. You never know what a bite can do to you and they can be very harmful to a pregnant woman. No thanks. Death to spiders (except nice little daddy long legs that don't have fangs and kill the other buggies).

When my husband was in Spain on business there was a HUGE Japanese centipede (like a 5 inch one :X) in our (only) bathroom. He wasn't due home for a few more weeks so I captured it under a soup pot and sprayed disinfectant spray underneath. Then I left the pot there for 2 weeks until hubby came home. Freaked me out EVERY time I went to the bathroom but I just COULDN'T look underneath. When my husband came he took care of it (it was VERY dead).

Threw the pot out as well. I don't feel good about killing it but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

oh my word that does sound scary!! Knowing me i'd have to look underneath occasionally to check it was still there lol!! x

When we first moved to Northern Ireland, hubby had to go to Scotland for a month and I knew no one. The day he left a ginormous spider (I usually exaggerate but this one needed to exaggeration) walked across the front room. I dropped the Yellow Pages on it and then several more books. I would vacuum around the books and never stayed in that room longer than needed. When he returned home, hubby was rather amused but sorted everything out for me. Took me a few days to be in there for more than a few minutes at a time though.

Bunch of scardey cats we are. Lol.

I would say it would probably only be a risk if it became infected. I had a bite last year that became infected and my doctor thought it might be a spider bite. I was given a 3 day course of antibiotics and it was fine.

Saying that, if it bothers you that much then just kill it xxx

I'm sorry, but it's a spider. And a dangerous one at that. Kill it. Personally, I'd wait for OH to come home and kill it. Or if he is sleeping, I'd wake him up to kill it. If it's under a jug, put something on top of it if you choose to get OH to do it. If you do it, I agree with pp saying to POUR the bleach, don't spray. Then kill it with a shoe just for good measure.

OMG, spiders freak me out. I had to look up that spider though, it's similar to one we have here dangerous wise (Black Widows). I killed one that made itself a home near the bathroom door last month. I couldn't believe that I did that. I put myself at risk. /shudders

Also, I just want to mention that I am against animal cruelty, but spiders I kill. You never know what a bite can do to you and they can be very harmful to a pregnant woman. No thanks. Death to spiders (except nice little daddy long legs that don't have fangs and kill the other buggies).

Its definitely gonna be killed before the end of the day! especially being pregnant myself and I have a very curious 2 year old that loves to touch any bug he finds!
Aaaww I love daddy long legs, I pick them up with my hands and release them back outside but spiders I just hate with a passion, and thats just the normal ones let alone the ones that bite!! x

KILL IT! Since moving to australia i have no compassion for creepy crawlies. I drown them, spray them, squish them, or scream until hubby comes in and deals with them. I wont even say what happened to the cane toad that looked up at me from the toilet bowl when I was bursting for a wee.

When we first moved to Northern Ireland, hubby had to go to Scotland for a month and I knew no one. The day he left a ginormous spider (I usually exaggerate but this one needed to exaggeration) walked across the front room. I dropped the Yellow Pages on it and then several more books. I would vacuum around the books and never stayed in that room longer than needed. When he returned home, hubby was rather amused but sorted everything out for me. Took me a few days to be in there for more than a few minutes at a time though.

Bunch of scardey cats we are. Lol.

That we are ;) But I will not apologize for it! lol I can't STAND creepy crawling things... My husband usually catches them and lets them go (you should SEE the bugs that East Asia produces) that I just can't get on board with... I'm used to Midwestern American field mice, snails and spiders and although I hate them, I can handle them... Japan has cicadas the size of BIRDS that have no problem chilling on your back porch with you sitting right there... *shudder*

If you have to kill it can you not make it fast? instead of burning the hell out of it and drowning it. I dont like spiders myself and would have them removed from the house by my other half but I wouldn't want one to die slowly in a horrible way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->