O/T There is a false widow spider in bathroom!!!

Last year on our local news a lady in Cumbria I think it was was bitten by a false widow while she slept and she had a horrible reaction to it.

I'm sorry but I I don't see killing spiders as cruel there are hundreds of them and I'm terrified! House spiders are bad enough but my worst nightmare is those poisonous ones ever being able to survive here! My OH likes to put the house spiders outside but I make him kill them as they are called house spiders for a reason and will just come straight back in. You come in my house, spiders, be prepared to die!

We are currently dealing with an infestation of false black widow spiders, had 11 in our bathroom alone!!! On the whole, we've just just removed them and put them outside. There has been considerable hype about this spider and in reality bites are rare, reactions to bites even rarer and you're more likely to get stung by a bee. However, due to the sheer amount of spiders we had in house, we did have to fumigate. Anyways, don't panic. Either remove it with a glass and paper or kill it if you feel that's better.

https://uknw.co.uk/the-false-widow-...k-in-britain-nearly-cost-a-decorator-his-leg/

This one any better? X

Oh my actual life you definitely did the right thing:shock:

I'm shit scaredofspiders anyway and my dh takes the piss out of me all the time... Not anymore mr! This is getting real :argh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24470023

I'm extremely scared of spiders myself, but I have to say the hype over false widows is getting a bit extreme now...

I got really scared over the whole false widow thing as it plays to my fear so well, so I started reading articles by spider experts rather then the news! A bite from one is no more venomous then a wasp sting. Terrible for you if you have a reaction like someone who is allergic to wasps, or if you get loads of them like you can imagine you would be very unwell after getting stung by loads of wasps (I'm thinking of the builder in the link above), but really they are no worse then a wasp and one on it's own is very unlikely to do you harm.

I hope that helps others who are really scared too!

I'm extremely scared of spiders myself, but I have to say the hype over false widows is getting a bit extreme now...

I got really scared over the whole false widow thing as it plays to my fear so well, so I started reading articles by spider experts rather then the news! A bite from one is no more venomous then a wasp sting. Terrible for you if you have a reaction like someone who is allergic to wasps, or if you get loads of them like you can imagine you would be very unwell after getting stung by loads of wasps (I'm thinking of the builder in the link above), but really they are no worse then a wasp and one on it's own is very unlikely to do you harm.

If I'm honest no it doesn't I'm still as freaked out and terrified of biting spiders as before lol

Aawww, well it's true that fears are not rational! At least you know that it's unlikely to be quite as deadly as the papers would have you believe? :haha:

Comparing them to wasps has helped me be less freaked out by the amount of similar sized spiders we have in the garden, but to be honest I hate wasps too! :dohh: We've had sooooo many of them this year too, we even had a hornet in the living room the other day! I almost crapped myself, lol

would you be saying the same if there was one stood right in front of you in your house???? i've never been so terrified in my life!!!

would you be saying the same if there was one stood right in front of you in your house???? i've never been so terrified in my life!!!

I was only trying to reassure you that the sensationalist media has blown the danger way out of proportion. :flower: I wasn't having a go at you in the least.

I would probably react like I would to a wasp now I know! Which is to say I wouldn't be very happy about it at all, but at least I know the chances of getting hurt are not actually as the news would have you believe. We've got tons of spiders that live around our back door and some fence paneling in the garden that have made me really nervous, but I'm reassured about them now.

I was only trying to reassure you that the sensationalist media has blown the danger way out of proportion. :flower: I wasn't having a go at you in the least.

I would probably react like I would to a wasp now I know! Which is to say I wouldn't be very happy about it at all, but at least I know the chances of getting hurt are not actually as the news would have you believe. We've got tons of spiders that live around our back door and some fence paneling in the garden that have made me really nervous, but I'm reassured about them now.

phew... I feel much better now!!! :blush:

omggg that's so freaky! you are a brave woman! I would cry and cry and call DH to deal with it, lol. I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of all creepy crawlies!!! I wouldn't be able to kill it or throw it out If it's dead.. yeah I'm a real scaredy cat lol.
Once I was in the car at night with my mom and sister (thank the heavens I wasn't driving) and I saw a grasshopper on the door next to me! I screamed and cried like a lil baby begging my sister to stop the car..well she didn't...South Africa isn't the safest of places to just pull over at night unfortunately! I cried for a full 10 minutes till we got home, lol.

omggg that's so freaky! you are a brave woman! I would cry and cry and call DH to deal with it, lol. I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of all creepy crawlies!!! I wouldn't be able to kill it or throw it out If it's dead.. yeah I'm a real scaredy cat lol.
Once I was in the car at night with my mom and sister (thank the heavens I wasn't driving) and I saw a grasshopper on the door next to me! I screamed and cried like a lil baby begging my sister to stop the car..well she didn't...South Africa isn't the safest of places to just pull over at night unfortunately! I cried for a full 10 minutes till we got home, lol.

oh bless you!! i'm sure they're just put on this earth to scare us!!
One time when I was driving a spider decided to dangle right in front of my face so I slammed the brakes on, got out and started dancing around like a maniac coz I was so freaked out! The other drivers must've thought I was a right looney!!!

oh bless you!! i'm sure they're just put on this earth to scare us!!
One time when I was driving a spider decided to dangle right in front of my face so I slammed the brakes on, got out and started dancing around like a maniac coz I was so freaked out! The other drivers must've thought I was a right looney!!!

lol I would've done the same thing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->