Ob changed hospital

IvyEffer

Reaction score
I went to see my ob for an appointment at 34 weeks and he dropped a bomb on me that he is no longer practicing at the hospital I thought I'd be delivering at. He said he joined another hospital further away. I delivered my son at the original hospital and had a pretty decent experience, so this came as a huge surprise. My hubs and I went for a tour of the new hospital and I was not impressed to say the least. It's a tiny hospital with no trauma unit and no nicu. If something goes wrong, the baby would have to be transferred to the first hospital anyway! The original hospital is a level 1 trauma center, which means they can perform any type of surgery, while the new one is a level 3, which means they basically can't do anything.
My dilemma is that I'm now 35+3 and would have a hard time finding an ob who would deliver me so soon after meeting me. According to my doctor, I have to have a c-section due to prior section and that I'm 40 years old. I'm ok with having another section for fear of rupturing in labor.
I'm so nervous that something will go wrong. Should I try to switch doctors? BTW, I love my doctor. Just extremely disappointed that he waited so long to tell me. I feel like it was a bait and switch.

That's awful. I'd call the hospital you thought you were delivering at and explain the odd situation and get some advice about what they can do for you regarding OBs. That way you can keep your original plan. For me, the OB who delivered me was one from my obgyns office who I had never met because they were the one on call at the time. The hospital and nursing staff mattered more for my experience. The OB was the catcher but the hospital staff did all the labor and post labor care. So if it's not the hospital you were ready for I think that matters quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->