OB prescribed me Class C meds for MS!!

emicakess

Reaction score
I had never heard of promethazine , so I looked it up and its a catagory C! I am so upset! I know zofran is pretty safe during pregnancy, why didnt she just prescribe me that? I am glad I looked it up. :/ Ideas?

:haha:

In all seriousness though, I don't know what the protocol is with things over in the US (i'm in the UK) but I know the doctors here don't prescribe anything for MS unless it is really bad. I don't know how bad you've got it but at the moment, I'm just riding the waves of nausea and looking forward to a time I will feel less crappy. I hate taking meds when pregnant. But I am a bit of an oddball! ;)

Rest assured and please read this https://www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk/help/treatments/

^ I took it during my whole pregnancy from 8weeks with my dd as my sickness was that bad she was fine x

You'll be fine, I took it when I was pregnant with DD- she's perfectly healthy. I know a lot of women who have taken promethazine while pregnant, all their babies are healthy. I'm on Zofran this time around, I actually prefer the promethazine- but it knocked me out and made me super sleepy, and that doesn't work when I have a 17 month old running around. If you're still uncomfortable taking it, call and outright ask your doctor for zofran instead. :hugs:

Your doc must think the benefits of the med out weigh the risks. Call and ask why they choose that med, and if there are other options. Vitamin B6 and unisom can be helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->