Obama's birth certificate debacle

R

robinator

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110427/ap_on_el_ge/us_obama_birth_certificate

Take it from the Chinese, it's very easy to forge official documents (2000, 2008, and probably 2004 Olympic womens gymnastics team passports)......

Either way, not sure where I stand on this matter. If he's legit, he's legit. If he's not, then we have a problem.

I think it is the most silly think to do of a president. Can't talk about coincidence either. First half black president and first time some one is publicly denouncing the right for him to be president. go figure. Unlucky for him that he didnt start two wars or ambigious vote counts (or not) he just has a funny name and a funny colour so there must be some way to get rid of him.

Something is still fishy. If it's legit, why wait so long to produce it? :shrug:

Something is still fishy. If it's legit, why wait so long to produce it? :shrug:

I honestly think it was a matter of not thinking it was that important and people were being silly. Plus this is PERSONAL information that he shouldn't have to spread around. I mean I'd be pretty mad if someone was like "I don't think your legit, please share your birth certificate with the entire world".

But ALL presidents have had to provide their FULL certificate. He did not. This made people wonder what he was hiding.

Who says that he didnt provide his certificate to the responsible person? and who would care about it?

Ehhhh I watched this on the news earlier and am confused. Is he American? I heard someone say people thought he was born in Kenya, or Indonesia? Then I seen a picture of his birth certificate on the news saying he was born in Hawaii, does this make him American? or was he not actually born there?

sorry, things like this interest me, but confuse me all at the same time!!

Why wasn't any of this raised about McCain (his opponent in the 2008 election)? McCain was born in Panama. On a military base, but not on US soil. If that is the real issue. :roll: Which it isn't.

The birth certificate 'debate' is so ridiculously crazy and a huge waste of time IMO. Even if (and it's a huge if IMO) it wasn't legit, then surely the people who ought to have done the vetting are more at fault than Obama is.

He HAD to produce his birth certificate to be sworn into the presidency. Whoever is in charge of seeing it and verifying it SAW it. He just didn't provide an image of it to the PRESS or the stupid people who were saying he's not American. I think it's silly. I've never heard of ANYONE ever being questioned before. Because his name isn't "John Smith", he's apparently not American. :dohh: And it irritates me how many people STILL believe he's Muslim. And even if he was, SO freakin what??!?!?

Do we seriously believe there is a huge government conspiracy to cover up the birth place of the president? What more does the guy have to do, he produced two documents, even had to get hawaii to WAVE A LAW to produce the second one to put an end to this nonsense. And frankly NOTHING he does is going to "convince" the birthers. You know why, because they don't like obama, that's why. The guy could invent time travel and go back in time and FILM BEING BORN and they still would cry fowl.
You know why this is brought up because the 2012 election season is kicking off. Just like it was brought up during the midterms. It's a freaking election ploy.

And frankly we have far bigger things to be concerning ourselves with, like oh, i don't know, the budget proposals from both parties? The situation in libya, the two wars we are still fighting, not to mention our economy, gay rights, education overhaul, and the fact that millions of americans are living below the poverty line....no it's far more beneficial to worry about a piece of freaking paper.

Ehhhh I watched this on the news earlier and am confused. Is he American? I heard someone say people thought he was born in Kenya, or Indonesia? Then I seen a picture of his birth certificate on the news saying he was born in Hawaii, does this make him American? or was he not actually born there?

sorry, things like this interest me, but confuse me all at the same time!!

hawaii is one of the fifty states, so yes, he was born in the US.

His dad was born in Kenya and he was born in Hawaii.

There are some issues because apparently it looks fake and Kenya wasnt known as Kenya in 1961 it declared its independance in 1963 before that it was known as a british colony so there are debates about why it would be Kenya on the birth certificate making people think its a fake.

wow, are there really people in the USA who believe hes not American?? And think the birth certificate is fake?! like theres not better things to do, he shouldn't have had to flash it to the media imo

He obviously showed it to the people who needed to see it.

Why should he have to prove he is American to the public? Just because he is black? I dont remember seeing photocopy's of any other presidents birth certificate in the news

Me either. I think this whole thing is bloody ridiculous. :dohh: But really, someone being born somewhere else really makes that much of a difference? I know it isn't the president, but Arnold Swartznegger (spelling?) wasn't born in the States yet he's the Governor of California. :shrug:

It's crazy, why does it even matter where he was born? Ridiculous!

Me either. I think this whole thing is bloody ridiculous. :dohh: But really, someone being born somewhere else really makes that much of a difference? I know it isn't the president, but Arnold Swartznegger (spelling?) wasn't born in the States yet he's the Governor of California. :shrug:

You don't have to be born in the USA to be governor. It's just a stipulation for the US president :flower:

Psh, I could care less. Honestly. It's a birth certificate. The hard thing about Hawaii is it became a state in 1959. So, for people like my grandfather, his birth certificate states he was born in the Territory of Hawaii, yet he is still a US citizen. There should not be any issue with Obama because he was born in 1961. Anyways, all born in Hawaii before it was a state became US citizens upon statehood anyways.

I thought we all knew he was an alien. Is that not one of the rumours on the internet?:dohh:

Seriously, what a carry on. Do you really think that in this internet age they would be able to cover up his place of birth with a dodgy fake birth certificate? Being black and having Obama as your name does not mean that you were not born in the USA. What happened to the notion of the USA as the great melting pot? Honestly, the press would be better served analysing whether or not he is fulfilling his election promises as opposed to these ridiculous rumours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->