Obsessing about baby's position... thoughts?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
Baby has been head down since at least 30 weeks at every appointment. I have become obsessed with making sure he stays head down and get anxiety if I get paranoid and thing he moved; however, at every appointment, it's the same thing -- he's head down.

He's been BEYOND active today and his movements have been uncomfortable. I'm still feeling the shoving up at my ribs (which they've said is his bum before) and the sliding, pushing movements along my left side, but then also some lighter movements a little lower down on and off.

I usually find his heartbeat on my right side, below my belly button (which I use as reassurance that he is still head down). Then today, I'm finding it right in line with my belly button on the right side.

I don't know why I'm obsessing about this. I have an appointment on Monday and they will tell me, but I get crazy anxiety over it. His movements just feel like they are changing, but maybe it's because he's bigger and not because he's moved?

I think it's perfectly normal to worry about baby being in a good position. Don't know if it's your first baby but head down at 30 weeks is great and should be reassuring. I am on my second but baby didn't go head down until 35 weeks. They say that 97% of babies will be head down by 37 weeks so odds are on your side! Baby also still has time to move. Heck, at almost 40 weeks my baby still has some pretty active moments...they just hurt a little more :wacko:

For now, if it makes you feel better, there are things you can do to keep baby in a good position. Never slouching, sitting straight, going on all fours a few times a day, hugging an exercise ball while on your knees (I do this one a lot to keep baby anterior!).

I think it's perfectly normal to worry about baby being in a good position. Don't know if it's your first baby but head down at 30 weeks is great and should be reassuring. I am on my second but baby didn't go head down until 35 weeks. They say that 97% of babies will be head down by 37 weeks so odds are on your side! Baby also still has time to move. Heck, at almost 40 weeks my baby still has some pretty active moments...they just hurt a little more :wacko:

For now, if it makes you feel better, there are things you can do to keep baby in a good position. Never slouching, sitting straight, going on all fours a few times a day, hugging an exercise ball while on your knees (I do this one a lot to keep baby anterior!).

Thank you! Your response was definitely reassuring. I need to stop overthinking and obsessing about this. I'm assuming even if baby did flip back to head up, there is time to flip him back.

No problem! I had to reply because I totally obsessed this pregnancy too over babies position so I can really relate :)

Hey

I'm also obsessing away about baby position, this is number 2 and waaaay different to when I was pregnant with ds... I feel jabs on my left and right side, so over past week I'm like oh no she's transverse :( let's see what they they say at next appointment on Monday

Normally as well with you first, your muscles are strong enough to keep them in position - so it's pretty unlikely that if he does move he'd be able to get very far! :)

Good to know! Im gonna squeeze him in place and keep him there til d day lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->