Occupational/Physio Therapist?

divadexie

Reaction score
Does anyone elses prem baby see one??

I was approached by one of the nurses when Anna was still in hospital telling me about this so I just said yes. It seemed like a good idea.

But now I don't think it is that great. They come once a month they never really give me any advice or anything, just come and see anna and play with her and tell me she is doing great then leave again.

Yes we also see an OT they also do the same thing come and see Michael the OT says "she does deep tendone exercises with Michael" ahhhh i cant tell really what she does tbh and im in the room with her while she is working on my son. Currently we are on the waitlist for pt.

idk know yet hehe
But they already mentioned about it with me, here in mass (usa) is called : early intervention therapy, it´s 3 times a month and ´´help`` them get to their baby milestones.
It depends in how early your baby were... But Yasmin ( my baby girl ) is supposed to do it until 8 months old =)

Can you ask for exercises or something ?

I forgot to mention After each session they give me exercises that i shold do with my son, so yo shold ask them what can be done to helop yor daghter along

They brought it up once while we were in the NICU, but haven't since then. So far Elias is hitting all of his corrected age milestones and has had no muscle problems, so we're doing okay.

Here in Canada all preemies under 29 weeks receive physiotherapy automatically. Mostly because they`re so stiff from lying still in those boxes for so long, and not being curled up nicely in mom`s belly. So their flexers are underdevelopped and their extenders overdevelopped.

it was quite visible with bubbah, he was rather stiff and wouldn`t bend his legs heh. We used to go every 3-4 weeks, but now we go every week. The lady is adept at manipulating him and showing me what exercises to do with him.

With that said I`ve had a neonatalogist tell me physio is not universally accepted amongst doctors. Some think that as long as they`ve reached all the major milestones and caught up by the time they`re six and start school then all's good, figuring all preemies will do so eventually.

Abby gets physio and has done since she was one. She comes every two weeks and is really very good.

If they are coming and saying she's doing fine, she probably is. Lack of advice maybe just means they have nothing to say.

Do you have any specific concerns? If so, ask them what they think. Or ask them how you can bring your daughter on to the next developmental step. Or ask what in particular they are looking for.

Yeah I asked them what I can be doing to help her develop and if there was any ways to encourage her to sit up and they just said she will do that when she is ready. That is my only concern, not worried about anything else lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->