OCD induced anger

megangrohl

Mama to Lily!
Reaction score
Does anybody here have OCD? I do, and it makes me extremely angry. It is getting better but I was told I should go to a counselor to help because my daughter is effecting it. For example, my daughter usually has 7 oz milk every 4 hours and if she doesn't eat/drink enough then I get extremely angry which makes no sense at all because that is something that is out of my control so why bother getting angry? I feel so bad after but I just don't want her to get dehydrated and in the hospital like she did before.

Does anybody have any tips if they do have OCD on how to not get to the point of anger? It really gets me down, because after I am done filling with rage and have an outburst I feel really, really bad and low. I have tried everything, going in another room to take a breather, going outside or doing something I enjoy to calm down for a little bit but nothing works. It is not stress induced either as I have absolutely no stress in my life.

Please help!!

Have you made an appt with a counselor? Honestly, I think that alone could do you a world of good. You say you have no stress- but even "good" things are stressful- being a mom, being busy, getting upset about little things- this is all stress on our bodies. Sometimes I learned through conseling ;) Even "good" stress is still stress... our body processes it similar. I see a counselor now because I'm a busy woman- my mom is losing her battle with cancer- and on top of all that I get a bit of anxiety if my house isn't clean enough etc... and when I hold it in, then yes, it can fester and come out over something so silly (then, like you, I feel bad for boiling up to that point).

I've found ways to help manage all the stuff in my life... and I feel much better overall. I have days where I have moments- but having my counseling (who is awesome) to talk to really helps. Just getting my feelings out etc... but finding things that help and take some pressure of me- like I hired a cleaner to come to our house every 2wks- that alone helps... even though hubby and SD do their parts, I'm picky- and this helped take something off my "checklist" in my mind. LOL.

It's all about balance... but if you truly have OCD, then there is only so much you can do on your own. You may need outside help. Which is totally fine and most people need that at some point in their life (whether they get help or not).

Best of luck hun!

Have you made an appt with a counselor? Honestly, I think that alone could do you a world of good. You say you have no stress- but even "good" things are stressful- being a mom, being busy, getting upset about little things- this is all stress on our bodies. Sometimes I learned through conseling ;) Even "good" stress is still stress... our body processes it similar. I see a counselor now because I'm a busy woman- my mom is losing her battle with cancer- and on top of all that I get a bit of anxiety if my house isn't clean enough etc... and when I hold it in, then yes, it can fester and come out over something so silly (then, like you, I feel bad for boiling up to that point).

I've found ways to help manage all the stuff in my life... and I feel much better overall. I have days where I have moments- but having my counseling (who is awesome) to talk to really helps. Just getting my feelings out etc... but finding things that help and take some pressure of me- like I hired a cleaner to come to our house every 2wks- that alone helps... even though hubby and SD do their parts, I'm picky- and this helped take something off my "checklist" in my mind. LOL.

It's all about balance... but if you truly have OCD, then there is only so much you can do on your own. You may need outside help. Which is totally fine and most people need that at some point in their life (whether they get help or not).

Best of luck hun!

Awww thank you for your reply. I am so sorry to hear about your mom :( I may have to contact a counselor to talk about it. Things really get to me and I really want to figure out a way I can cope better with this disorder and not let it control me.

I do have true OCD and I have my whole life but it has gotten worse since I had my baby like things as perfection and having to do things a certain way and if it doesn't happen that way I get really mad and upset.

I am also picky with the cleaning too. It has to be done a certain way, it goes as far as all the bowls in the cupboards have to go large on the bottom to small on top and same colors go with same colors, etc.

Thank you for replying, I didn't think that anybody would.

Well I'm here if you ever just need to chat hun :hugs:

Wishing you the very best- for your self as well as your LO. Just remember a happy mom= happy child. I tell myself that any time I need to do something JUST for me. LOL. It helps to remember my own sanity is important on a daily basis :)

And thanks for the thoughts on my mom... it's hard. Just take it one day at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->