• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ocean Birth

Pixoletta

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoc7dFvXkk&has_verified=1

Discovered this on youtube. One of the most natural births i have ever seen.

WOW - not sure what else to say right now - but WOW

The baby is even swimming, like he's still in her womb!

It really looks like it's just thought "oh wow, lots of space, let's explore!"

Stupid question of the day from me... At the start Shen you can see she is crowing, the man pulls away what looks like White tissue. Is that the membranes?

Even though it's an awesome birth, part of me does feel that it's a little contrived but maybe that's because I can't ever imagine going down to the beach and giving birth in the sea.

Also kind of gross too now i think about it. Other people are probably in that ocean.. and if they needed medical help they might be a little unfortunate to recieving quick help.

That's icky. Ocean water is nasty if you really think about it. I mean, it's full of dead animals and whatnot and pee!! ick.

Omg I kept thinking the baby was gonna hit the rocks on the floor,definately not my cup of tea but each to their own,

eww! This must obviously be in a nice clean ocean, wouldn't fancy that down Southend or somewhere like that; last time we took the dogs down there for a run there was tampon tubes down there and all sorts :(

I don't like that. Ocean water is dirty, what would they have done if they needed medical help and what about the babies temperature and the danger of the rocks? I would never risk it. I also don't think there is anything "natural" about it apart from the fact she probably had no pain relief. Women have never ran to the sea to give birth as far as I know...well apart from this one obviously. No offence intended just my two cents.

I think there are a number of cultures where women birth in the sea (though I can't remember for the life of me where abouts they are!) It's not really my thing though... Has anyone seen the birthing with dolphins film? That's also a bit of an aquired taste!

I think there are a number of cultures where women birth in the sea (though I can't remember for the life of me where abouts they are!)

Fair, that's cool for them if that's their culture. :thumbup:

wow, thats strange.

I think there are a number of cultures where women birth in the sea (though I can't remember for the life of me where abouts they are!) It's not really my thing though... Has anyone seen the birthing with dolphins film? That's also a bit of an aquired taste!

no do you have a link?

I know some Hawaiians give birth in the ocean, as well as other coastal cultures. I know back in Ancient Greece there were women who gave birth in the ocean to honor one of the Gods, although I can't remember who. I know that said God/ess was said to have been born or risen out of the ocean. So it was like a tribute or something. :thumbup:

Ancient Greek goddess Aphrodite came from the sea (bit of a story in itself as she was said to have been born when her father Zeus spilled his semen in the sea and she came out of the white surf on the waves as a result - it gives you a new view of sea spray!) Women who hoped for girls who would be devotees of Aphrodite often gave birth in the sea.

Sorry for crashing the thread!

(I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post here, just wanted to comment on that vid!)

I thought it was a beautiful place to give birth, it just looked really pretty, and the birth itself was beautiful, the little baby was even swimming! I thought it was absolutely lovely and if I do ever get the priviledge of giving birth i'd even consider it - but not on a dirty british beach, no thank you!

The first thing I thought about though was the salt - Surely if you tear and the sea salt goes in the wound that'll be extra pain that's totally un-needed?

The sea salt is thought to be protective against infection....

It's certainly not something I'd be inclined to do, but I don't think it's wrong for others to do it.

"Birth Into Being" is a good video to watch with footage of some at sea births.

From what I have read about this birth, they had a family friend that was a physician nearby just in case something went wrong. Definitely not for everyone, but the ocean temperature there is not as cold as some oceans, and the salt would prevent infections.

I keep coming back to this thread because every post has another interesting factoid :lol:

Oh oh oh... I have another interesting factoid in regards to sea births and well water births in general!!!!

Babies of GBS positive mothers who are born in water are less likely to become infected with GBS as the water dilutes and disperses the bacteria which subsequently results in the baby being exposed to less of it.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"