Ocean related girl names... Any suggestions?!

PrincessMommy

Mommy expecting #2!!
Reaction score
I am hoping very strongly that this baby is a girl- Everything seems to be coming up pink except a confirmed gender scan.

That being said, my DH and I love the ocean. It's where I feel we fell in love once we started dating (we took a trip to the beach upon finding out I was pregnant with my son last year.)

I posted on here before when I had the idea for the name Bay. Not a lot of people liked it (not that I care :p) however, I wanted to venture in to other possible ocean names. I know Bay doesn't mean water, it just remindes me of the bay by the sea.

Her middle name is already decided as Irene- so it would have to sound good with that. Not a lot goes with our last name, it's quite odd. So I'm not too worried about that :dohh:

Any suggestions??

Ariel? You have the disney mermaid link with the ocean.

I once met a little girl called Ocea - pronounced as you would Ocean minus the n obviously. I thought it was quite pretty. Other ideas: Coral, Atlanta, Erm.... Can't think of any more :/

Found this 😀

NAME WITH A WATER-RELATED MEANING:

GIRLS

Darya – means ‘seas’ in Iranian
Hama – Japanese for ‘shore’
Jurmala – Latvian, means ‘sea shore’
Kendall –‘valley of the River Kent’ (unisex)
Kai—‘sea’ in Hawaiian (unisex)
Kyle – from a Scottish surname meaning ‘channel, strait’
Marin,Marina — meaning ‘of the sea’
Maris – ‘of the sea’
Maya, Mayim—one definition is ‘water’ in Hebrew
Meredith –one meaning is ‘sea lord’ from the Welsh
Mira –‘ocean’ in Sanskrit
Morwenna — ancient Cornish name meaning ‘waves of the sea’
Nerida –Greek name that means ‘mermaid’.
Nerissa,–Shakespearean name with Greek pedigree—‘sea nymph’
Tallulah – Choktaw Indian, ‘leaping water’
Tulia –in Latin, one meaning is ‘heavy rain’

I am not big on disney princess or I would probably like Ariel

I love the name Kai (or Kaia) and I have always loved Kendall (I am weird and like it for a boys name though o.o)

I am still so stuck on the name Bay. I have no idea why I like it so much. But I wanna give my DH a few options.

Thanks for the replies so far ladies!!! :D

I love ocean names too! I'm planning on naming her Cora (like coral but I don't like how that sounds) and the longer version is going to be McCorleigh

Other ones are Ocean words in different languages! You take a word that means something to you and translate it into different languages until something sounds gorgeous

And some long form names for bay since you really like it :)

Elizabeth
Bethany
Isabelle
Braxton
Arabait
Beckett

Here are a few:

Courant
Maree - tide french
Okeana (oh-Keen-a) - ocean Greek
Thalissa- sea Greek

Marina, Shelly, Sandy, Kai

I met a little boy recently named Ocean - I think this could work for a girl too.

(I recently read somewhere that the Danish word Bae means "poop"... not sure if that's true or not though.)

These are great names guys!! Thanks so much :) I love the name Cora!! That's great :D good pick for your LO!! I also love marina <3

And I would be spelling it Bay like the French name. So it wouldn't matter to me :p it's supposed to be a boys name over there but oh well ;)

Love love LOVE the name Bay. Go with it.

But. Just to give another option. My girls played softball with a girl named Oceanaia (Ocean-eh-yah).

I still like Bay the best though ;)

Thank you!! Someone who loves it too :D I legit obsessed. I love lots of these other names but whenever I have dreams about the baby I have always called her bay. I called her that before we even conceived. I know- I'm nutty :p

If you love Bay so much I'd just stick with that. Who cares what others think? I think it's lovely but I'd personally go with Baylie/Bailey with the nn Bay but whatever you love you should go for!!

River
Marsha
Fern
Oceania (oh-shan-ee-uh)

I'll keep thinking :thumbup:

It was more for my poor DH cuz he likes the name ok but.. He just doesn't sound super excited about it. I was trying to see if there was maybe a name I hadn't heard that we both liked equally <3 I like Oceania too

How about Baylee? You could call her Bay for short?

My daughter's middle name is Bay. I Bay Irene seems a bit incomplete but Baylee Irene sounds cute!

I actually had a bully when I was younger by the name Baylee (spelled Bailey with her) i like the name but it still brings some weird feelings I guess. I suppose my son has such a long name that I wanted to make the next one pretty short :p it may sound like it's lacking to most, but for me it's not so bad ^_^

I love Baylee Irene, nn. Bay! Shame the name brings up bad memories for you!

I know! It has a great ring to it!! It's just the girl was in my girl scouts troop and made my life h*ll when she could. Very mean girl but her mother is the nicest lady I've ever met

I love the ocean/water as well and if I have a girl next I will be naming her Amity after a beach here in Australia :thumbup:

Moana - meaning "wide expanse of water, deep sea" in Maori :)

Kai - Super fan of, but I like it for a boy!

If number 2 is a girl we'll be naming her Cordelia which means heart of the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->